can dogs get ear infections? Or like bugs or something in their ear?

I dont know what is wrong with my german shepard, but he is just scratching his ear like crazy, and when me and my bro try to scratch his ear for him, he doesnt mind it when we scratch the top of his ear, but when we get to the bottom, about where it…

I dont know what is wrong with my german shepard, but he is just scratching his ear like crazy, and when me and my bro try to scratch his ear for him, he doesnt mind it when we scratch the top of his ear, but when we get to the bottom, about where it…...
    General Dog Discussions : can dogs get ear infections? Or like bugs or something in their ear?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• can dogs get ear infections? Or like bugs or something in their ear?

can dogs get ear infections? Or like bugs or something in their ear? General Dog Discussions
      I dont know what is wrong with my german shepard, but he is just scratching his ear like crazy, and when me and my bro try to scratch his ear for him, he doesnt mind it when we scratch the top of his ear, but when we get to the bottom, about where it attches to his skull he yelps, whines, growls, like he is in pain. I think he might have some kind of mite, but i live in utah and i think its too cold for that, could there be some kind of bug in there, if so how do i get it out. I dont really have the money to go to the vet right now, so if there is anything that I can do myself to help him, please tell me. Please help me help him.

can dogs get ear infections? Or like bugs or something in their ear? General Dog Discussions
    • Are the insides of his ears clean? Sometimes if they arent clean they will get itchy. Take a cotton ball and dip it in water. Very gently swipe the inside of his ear; but not too far in. Just the outer part of the inside of his ear. If this does not work and he continues itching, see a vet. Though I would go tommorow just in case.

• Yes, a dog can get an ear infection and they can also get ear mites. There are a lot of medicines you can buy to control dog mites, just look at a feed store or a place like Atwoods.

• Dogs do get ear mites, but ear infections are more common. You'll need to have a veterinarian check it to be sure; but if the gunk is dark and gritty it's more likely mites. Waxy to slightly slimy exudate with a tart odor (similar to dirty socks) suggests yeast. You need to figure out what the cause is, because they need different treatments.

• You need to take him to the VET. They can get ear infections and also little bugs called ear mites! If you own a dog you have to be able to care for him!!!Take him to the VET.

• They can get it 100%, my dog has ear mites as we speak my beagle was infected and it broke my heart and the best thing to do is go to the VET, thats what I did and in a matter of days she has gotten alot better. Minor ear mites you would have a hard time seeing them, but bad ear mites are usually black and gunk up in the ear and leave a fowl smell, its hard for the dog, very much itching and in some cases bleeding from scartching so hard, go to the vet.

• sounds lik ear mites. you can get ear mite drops otc at any local pet store or Wal-Mart K-Mart or Target. you may still want to have a vet look at it though because there could be a worse problem then mites going on.

• YOU DOG HAS EAR MITES GET HIM TO A VET. His poor ears are raw inside and he is in pain.the vet will clean them out and give you medication for him. If you can't afford to take your dog to the vet. You can go to the pet store and get ear mite medicine and read the directions. This may burn him so have someone help you hold him down. Don't get bit.

• Yes, and they can get ear mites too. If it hurts him when you touch him, its probably an ear infection. That means he needs to see a vet and get medicine for it. See about a payment plan. Ear infections are painful. Making him suffer would be cruel.