Anyone here good with dogs and allergies?

My family has found a dog we really like, but my brother seems to be having the case of the sniffles or something. He has a really runny nose. I don't know if it's the dog but, the dog has a cold too. The dog also sheds alot.Is there anything I could do…

My family has found a dog we really like, but my brother seems to be having the case of the sniffles or something. He has a really runny nose. I don't know if it's the dog but, the dog has a cold too. The dog also sheds alot.Is there anything I could do…...
    General Dog Discussions : Anyone here good with dogs and allergies?...

• Anyone here good with dogs and allergies?

Anyone here good with dogs and allergies? General Dog Discussions
      My family has found a dog we really like, but my brother seems to be having the case of the sniffles or something. He has a really runny nose. I don't know if it's the dog but, the dog has a cold too. The dog also sheds alot.Is there anything I could do to like spray on the dog, or give to my brother so he does not have the illness.

Anyone here good with dogs and allergies? General Dog Discussions
    • well, if it is really furry and big. wash it 1 every 2 weeks too prevent sheding. Only wash a short haird dog evey monthAsk a doctor for a allirgey shotfor the dog, stop spraying stuff in the air like lysol, oust and use febreez because it doesnt harm the dog. ask a vet for some allirgey medicen. i asked for my jack russle for that. they were giving him seteroids. he got really fat he got too 40 pound and now hes only twenty because we stop getting that stuff. ask for a daily, weekly pill or somthing. or have a reallly fat dog :P

• A good bath for starters and brush all the loose hair out,then I would get him checked out but there is nothing to give the dig to stop your brother from sneezing..Try having him take a Benedryl or Claritan and see how he does,could your brother possibly be sniffling for some other reason than the dog ??? Don't use sprays on the dog as they lick their fur and can be harmful..talk to your vet