I have 5 dogs and four of them got large hot spots on the same day. Why and how can I prevent this?

I haven't given them baths recently but they are clean. They are well taken care of. A week ago, four out of my five dogs got large hot spots on their bodies. One Shepherd got his on the top of his muzzle, the other got his on his stomach. My Rotty mix…

I have 5 dogs and four of them got large hot spots on the same day. Why and how can I prevent this?

I haven't given them baths recently but they are clean. They are well taken care of. A week ago, four out of my five dogs got large hot spots on their bodies. One Shepherd got his on the top of his muzzle, the other got his on his stomach. My Rotty mix…...
    General Dog Discussions : I have 5 dogs and four of them got large hot spots on the same day. Why and how can I prevent this?...

• I have 5 dogs and four of them got large hot spots on the same day. Why and how can I prevent this?

I have 5 dogs and four of them got large hot spots on the same day. Why and how can I prevent this? General Dog Discussions
      I haven't given them baths recently but they are clean. They are well taken care of. A week ago, four out of my five dogs got large hot spots on their bodies. One Shepherd got his on the top of his muzzle, the other got his on his stomach. My Rotty mix got hers on her shoulder and my Akita mix got his on his neck. I moved to Los Angeles from Ohio. Does living in the desert have something to do with it? I just want to figure out why they all got it at the same time and why they did in the first place. Also, how I can further prevent hot spots. None of the dogs have had them before. Any suggestions?I have already been to the vet and they are being treated.

I have 5 dogs and four of them got large hot spots on the same day. Why and how can I prevent this? General Dog Discussions
    • It is probably a combination of sudden change in climate, heat, and stress. Did the vet check to make sure this wasn't ringworm or something infectious? If so, just treat as he recommends. It will likely not be a recurring problem if the dogs are well-groomed (regular brushing especially).