About how much does it cost to get a dog spayed, shots, heartworm medication?

I know it'll vary, but what's a guess? She's about 35 pounds, a few months old, and a lab mix.

I know it'll vary, but what's a guess? She's about 35 pounds, a few months old, and a lab mix....
    General Dog Discussions : About how much does it cost to get a dog spayed, shots, heartworm medication?...

• About how much does it cost to get a dog spayed, shots, heartworm medication?

About how much does it cost to get a dog spayed, shots, heartworm medication? General Dog Discussions
      I know it'll vary, but what's a guess? She's about 35 pounds, a few months old, and a lab mix.

About how much does it cost to get a dog spayed, shots, heartworm medication? General Dog Discussions
    • Well good thing is that you probably won't be paying for these all at the same time. Your puppy first has to get all of her vaccinations. It depends on where you go but I'm guessing around 200 total for all the shots. Next, once your puppy is around 6months old you can have her spayed. I paid almost 400 for my dog to get neutered but that included the use of a laser instead of normal surgery, pre surgery blood work, and micro chipping, all of which was extra. Heartworm medication is something that you will have to pay for throughout your puppy's life, not just once. They get it once a month forever. It is not very expensive at all but I guess it depends on the brand you get from the vet. They usually give you about a 6 month supply and that will cost around 20-40 i think. A dog is an expensive but worthwhile investment so i hope you thought about that before getting it and have a way to pay for all these bills! I'm glad you are being responsible and plan on getting her spayed! Hope this helps.

• i got my dog spayed through a shelter program the certificate was $40 and the copay at the vet was $10They have low cost shot programs at petco for all of the shots and mediceine I saying $600 don't forget the frontline for fleas & ticksThey will probably deworm her and all the shots are not in one visit .at my vet they charge a fee just for being seen

• if she is under 6 months old and you take her to the vet they have a plan that covers it alli payed 120 the first day and 20 a monththat includes meds, spay, dewormer extra

• With my vet all the vaccinations in several visits probably cost me about $300.00. The spay cost $350.00 which included the laser, pre surgery bloodwork, drugs, nursing care, and microchipping. She also had two puppy teeth removed. Heartworm medication for 6 months cost about $45.00 (she is a 15lb dog).