What breed of dog would work well with a jack russell?

I have a jack russell, Mollie and would love another dog but of a different breed and same sex.. I dont want them fighting and hurting each other. Anyone any suggestions?

I have a jack russell, Mollie and would love another dog but of a different breed and same sex.. I dont want them fighting and hurting each other. Anyone any suggestions?...
    General Dog Discussions : What breed of dog would work well with a jack russell?...

• What breed of dog would work well with a jack russell?

What breed of dog would work well with a jack russell? General Dog Discussions
      I have a jack russell, Mollie and would love another dog but of a different breed and same sex.. I dont want them fighting and hurting each other. Anyone any suggestions?

What breed of dog would work well with a jack russell? General Dog Discussions
    • It really depends on your dogs temperament. Is she more dominant or submissive? How is her energy level? Is she afraid of bigger dogs or does she bully smaller dogs? I don't mean to try and tell you what to do but I have read many places that it is better to get dogs of opposite genders because it lessens fighting. Generally I have noticed JRTs to be energetic and spunky, so another energetic dog to play with that is also small could be a chihuahua or another small terrier.

• Irish Wolfhound. They are the gentlest of giants and would keep your JRT challenged. Most importantly, as long as you are diligent and strategic in your introduction of a new family member, I believe this combination effectively addresses the dominance concern.In terms of another feisty, intelligent, small dog that could keep up with a JRT and play, you could consider the Border Terrier. Unfortunately you would have to be very careful in choosing another feisty, high-energy breed of similar size: for obvious reasons (aggression and dominance contests).

• why you dont get a puppy that wont harm eachother like your dog will be a big brother or sister to the new family pet such as small puppy that will be prefect. and your dog will be gentle to she or his since it will be still a baby. . you can teach your dog not bite or jump it . here is a dogs you might like. i dont think big size dogs isnt good for jack russell terrier some can be aggressive toward other dogs. . never know. where they usually did came from . small breedsPugjapanese chintoy poodlemaltesebichon friserat terrierdandie dinmont terriernorwich terriernorfolk terriermanchester terrierborder terrierwelsh terrieritalian greyhoundgreyhoundwhippetdachshundbeaglebasset houndduck-tolling retrieverrhodesian ridgebackbrittany spaniel

• Something with a lot of energy to match your Jack Russell so she has someone to play with all the time. We have a Jack Russell female and a chubby little Dachshund Beagle mix male and she spends her entire life harassing him while he throws a fit...they are not a good energy match.