I just found out that my dog has a tumor?

The vet thought it was just a wart until today. What would a tumor do to my dog? What should I do if it is a tumor? The tumor looks like a big bubble, with a bunch of little bubbles on top and its rough. It's about the size of a gatorade cap. Does…

The vet thought it was just a wart until today. What would a tumor do to my dog? What should I do if it is a tumor? The tumor looks like a big bubble, with a bunch of little bubbles on top and its rough. It's about the size of a gatorade cap. Does…...
    General Dog Discussions : I just found out that my dog has a tumor?...

• I just found out that my dog has a tumor?

I just found out that my dog has a tumor? General Dog Discussions
      The vet thought it was just a wart until today. What would a tumor do to my dog? What should I do if it is a tumor? The tumor looks like a big bubble, with a bunch of little bubbles on top and its rough. It's about the size of a gatorade cap. Does anyone know what kind of tumor it would be? Please answer even if u know something, because i love my dog and i don't want anything to happen to it. Thank You

I just found out that my dog has a tumor? General Dog Discussions
    • I'm sorry about your dog! It's best that you talk to your vet about the tumor. There are many types of tumors. Some are deadly, others are totally harmless. If it's a nasty one (cancerous, etc), you'll want to remove it ASAP to keep it from spreading. Even if it's a harmless one... if it's in an uncomfortable spot (at a joint, on the face, etc.) it might be best to remove it anyway. Your vet can really help you make those decisions better than anyone on here. I hope everything works out and it's harmless and your doggie gets many more wonderful years with you.

• It all depends on what kind of tumor it is. Usually if it is a fatty tumor they are not dangerous to dogs, but they do grow bigger. If the dog is not old & in good health you can have it removed. Of course there are cancerous tumors in dogs , but let us not even lean toward that way. I wish all the best for your dog!!!

• Don't get too worried yet. Have the vet remove it and do a biopsy. I have a foster dog who weighed 8.5 pounds when I got him. He was limping on his back leg, so I took him to the vet for an xray and went to work. When I got a call at work from my vet, I expected to hear about a broken bone or car accident injury. Instead I heard about the ONE POUND tumor on the liver of this poor little 8.5 pound dog. My heart sank and I started to cry. I asked the vet if he thought I should have the dog put to sleep, and he surprisingly said no. (This is a man I always trust to tell me the truth no matter what.) He told me that there was a 35% chance the tumor was benign, but he had a hunch that it was and he wanted to do the surgery. We got him in that day and anxiously awaited the results, half expecting him to die on the table. We received a call that everything had gone very well and the biopsy was negative for malignancy! Our poor little guy looked like a sack of bones for awhile, but he is gaining weight and acting years younger. He will now live a normal life instead of being dead in 8 weeks, which was the prognosis if we didn't do the surgery.Just think if I hadn't had faith...