How much would you pay somebody to walk your dog for an hour?

I'm looking to set up my own dog walking business and want to know how much people would pay. It would be for an hour walk at anytime during the day/evening.I am a reliable owner with plenty of experience with dogs, so it would be somebody that you can…

I'm looking to set up my own dog walking business and want to know how much people would pay. It would be for an hour walk at anytime during the day/evening.I am a reliable owner with plenty of experience with dogs, so it would be somebody that you can…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much would you pay somebody to walk your dog for an hour?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much would you pay somebody to walk your dog for an hour?

How much would you pay somebody to walk your dog for an hour? General Dog Discussions
      I'm looking to set up my own dog walking business and want to know how much people would pay. It would be for an hour walk at anytime during the day/evening.I am a reliable owner with plenty of experience with dogs, so it would be somebody that you can trust with your dogs.

How much would you pay somebody to walk your dog for an hour? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to speak to the other licensed/bonded pet walkers-sitters, in your area, to see what they charge. Before starting up a dog walking business, you need the following:1. A business license.2. You will need to obtain a liability insurance policy.3. You will need to be bonded.4. You need references from the obedience trainer that you mentored under.5. You will need to have a legal contract drawn up, for both parties to sign.6. You need a driver's license, and reliable source of transportation.7. You will need to have the owners of the dogs leave their vet a note of permission, for you to have the dog treated, should something happen to the dog while under your care, and you are unable to contact the owner.8. You should have a basic knowledge of emergency medical care.9. You need to speak to your CPA regarding the tax end of the business.10. You will need to place ads in your local phonebook, newspapers.11. Speak to the other licensed/bonded pet walkers-sitters, and see what they charge.

• I would say $10 - Just to walk dog for an hour no destination just where ever you chose. Adjusting price for extra dogs say $5 -7 per additional dog, also afterwords adjusting for difficulty/problem dogs add about $3 for those dogs$15 - To walk a dog to a specific destination like a dog park.$30 - To walk the dog and other services like grooming or washing the dog.

• Starting out I would say do it a few pounds cheaper than the average so you get more customers and reviews and so on. So like 7 quid for an hour. And do a discount for extra dogs if they are walked together. say 4 pounds for extra dogs. And if you have to drive them far , say 30-40 minutes charger extra 2 pounds for the petrol. soo yeah.. just my two cents for you