How much did your GSD puppy weigh at 8 weeks?

Just out of curiosity.. I checked the growth chart of an ''average'' GSD, and it says 16 lbs for a female at 8 weeks? I have a 7 week GSD at 9lbs, she's healthy as can be,& FAR from skinny, but I doubt she's going to be 16 lbs in the next week? That's…

Just out of curiosity.. I checked the growth chart of an ''average'' GSD, and it says 16 lbs for a female at 8 weeks? I have a 7 week GSD at 9lbs, she's healthy as can be,& FAR from skinny, but I doubt she's going to be 16 lbs in the next week? That's…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much did your GSD puppy weigh at 8 weeks?...

• How much did your GSD puppy weigh at 8 weeks?

How much did your GSD puppy weigh at 8 weeks? General Dog Discussions
      Just out of curiosity.. I checked the growth chart of an ''average'' GSD, and it says 16 lbs for a female at 8 weeks? I have a 7 week GSD at 9lbs, she's healthy as can be,& FAR from skinny, but I doubt she's going to be 16 lbs in the next week? That's weird.

How much did your GSD puppy weigh at 8 weeks? General Dog Discussions
    • What did the chart say for 7 weeks?when my dog was a pup, he was 25 pounds at 8 weeks and 50 by week 12, and the vet said he was a perfect weight and healthy. They just grow so fast. He was at 100 pounds and still healthy and proportionate at 11 months. Seeing as that chart shows the average, it shouldn;t reflect 100% what your dog will be. I suggest you learn what a "fit" dog should look like and judge based on your specific dog. If I follwed those charts, my dog would have been screwed, becsause he should have been 20 pounds at 8 weeks, 40 at 12, and 70 at 11. Had i made sure he was that weight, he could have been way underfed. If you make sure your dog is 16 pounds by next week she could be over fed. (fatter dogs have more hip problems.)