Is my puppies growing normal?

My puppy is a boxer/plott hound mix and he's almost 11 months old. He eats a normal amount, roughly 4 cups a day of blue buffalo wilderness puppy recipe, he weighs about 50 pounds now and he's about 16 inches at his shoulder. I did a little research on…

My puppy is a boxer/plott hound mix and he's almost 11 months old. He eats a normal amount, roughly 4 cups a day of blue buffalo wilderness puppy recipe, he weighs about 50 pounds now and he's about 16 inches at his shoulder. I did a little research on…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is my puppies growing normal?...

• Is my puppies growing normal?

Is my puppies growing normal? General Dog Discussions
      My puppy is a boxer/plott hound mix and he's almost 11 months old. He eats a normal amount, roughly 4 cups a day of blue buffalo wilderness puppy recipe, he weighs about 50 pounds now and he's about 16 inches at his shoulder. I did a little research on size of both breeds before we adopted him and I read he should grow till he's 18 months and weigh about 60-70 pounds full grown but he's only gained about 7 pounds since he was 6 months. Is this normal or is he just going to be small for his breed?

Is my puppies growing normal? General Dog Discussions
    • Its hard to tell with mixed breeds. Mixed breeds have a habit of not following the standards of their pure blooded relatives. Unless the vet seems concerned about his growth when you take him in for a check up I don't think there is any need to worry.One of my dogs is a whippet boxer mix and she stopped gaining weight at 32 pounds (half of what a pure bred boxers is and about 4 pounds more then an adult whippets). She stands somewhere between 20-23 inches (I don't have her with me so its a guess, her hight from back to ground comes a bit above my knee)