my dog is having acl with knee cap surgery?

my dog is having acl with knee cap surgery on wednesday they want to keep him for 1 to 2 days after surgery what should i expect and do to prep for recovery any use full tips i should know and how long is the recovery. all ready have baby gate up so he…

my dog is having acl with knee cap surgery on wednesday they want to keep him for 1 to 2 days after surgery what should i expect and do to prep for recovery any use full tips i should know and how long is the recovery. all ready have baby gate up so he…...
    General Dog Discussions : my dog is having acl with knee cap surgery?...

• my dog is having acl with knee cap surgery?

my dog is having acl with knee cap surgery? General Dog Discussions
      my dog is having acl with knee cap surgery on wednesday they want to keep him for 1 to 2 days after surgery what should i expect and do to prep for recovery any use full tips i should know and how long is the recovery. all ready have baby gate up so he cant go up the stairs. first time having a dog that needs this type of surgery. the bad thing right now my moms chihuahua is starting to go into heat she is to small to fix vet sad .about my dog he is a 8 month old pit bull weighs about 65 pounds or so and supper hyper thinks he is a lab dog has grown up with a cat and a chihuahuawe dont know anyone in our area to wacth the small dog while she is in heat we are new to the are

my dog is having acl with knee cap surgery? General Dog Discussions
    • Your dog is probably going to have a cast on its leg. I think the cast will be on for several weeks. Afterwards your dogs muscles will have atrophied and will need to take is easy for a few weeks (expect the leg to possibly look worse at this point). After that recovery should proceed fairly quickly and result in better leg health than existed before.I am not sure if they put on a pain patch for this and if so what you will need to do... best ask the vet.

• I don't know how small your mother's Chihuahua is but I've seen vets spay tiny kittens so *maybe* the Chihuahua could be spayed, too. If not, it will make life more difficult for your dog in recovery. Could your mother board the little dog someplace until she is out of season, or ask a trusted friend to keep her dog for a while?Your vet *should8 give you a complete list of everything you need to do and know. Just in case he or she doesn't, bring along a pad and pen when you drop the dog off for surgery and ASK. Write down everything. Ask more questions if you need to. This is important. Better yet. call in advance and find out. You may need to buy a crate. I don't know what else.