MY PUPPY HAS PARVO HOSPITALIZATION IS EXPENSIVE?

vet has sent me home with him his blood count is normal so its just started.. The vet has Mason on tamiflu and antibiotics with IV to fight off the parvo .. Does anybody know any home remedies or anything to get him to get ???

vet has sent me home with him his blood count is normal so its just started.. The vet has Mason on tamiflu and antibiotics with IV to fight off the parvo .. Does anybody know any home remedies or anything to get him to get ???...
    General Dog Discussions : MY PUPPY HAS PARVO HOSPITALIZATION IS EXPENSIVE?...

• MY PUPPY HAS PARVO HOSPITALIZATION IS EXPENSIVE?

MY PUPPY HAS PARVO HOSPITALIZATION IS EXPENSIVE? General Dog Discussions
      vet has sent me home with him his blood count is normal so its just started.. The vet has Mason on tamiflu and antibiotics with IV to fight off the parvo .. Does anybody know any home remedies or anything to get him to get ???

MY PUPPY HAS PARVO HOSPITALIZATION IS EXPENSIVE? General Dog Discussions
    • Sorry it's long and tissues might be needed...My puppy/dog got Parvo wen he was 8 months old. He was in better than perfect health when he came down with it. I didn't have the money to take him to the vet until a Friday (he started acting sick on a Monday). By then he was skin and bones (went from a healthy 125 to about 75 pounds in 4 days) and couldn't move at all! I took him to the vets and told them to do a test for Parvo. I was almost positive that's what he had. When the doctor came back in and told me that's what he had, I started crying immediately. I told the vet I didn't have much money (I basically brought the money I had put aside for rent that month). When they gave me the estimate for just the days worth of hospitalization (almost $9,000 for one day) I told them to put him down. There was no way I could come up with that kind of money in a day! The vet left and I fell onto the floor to hold my dog for one last moment. When the vet came back in, I was expecting to see the syringe with "the pink stuff" but she didn't have that. She came back with 2 more vet techs and two huge bags of IV solution. And a handful of shots. They started giving my dog all these things and I started crying more. I kept telling them to stop, I couldn't afford it! Please just put him down and make him stop hurting! She pulled me aside and told me the hospital would pick up the bill! She sent me home that day with a huge bag of pills to give him and my dog that was more like a wet wash cloth than a dog with how weak he was. And some great advice... she said he hasn't given up yet and neither should you! I slept with my dog on the kitchen floor for four weeks until he was finally able to lift his head by himself again. I hand fed him every couple hours. I bathed him every time he defecated. There was nothing that would stop me from making sure he would get better! And he did!It took almost 2 months for him to get back to about 90% of what he was before this happened to him. I fed him white rice and plain chicken. When he was able to keep that down, I started him on white rice and ground beef. And we kept moving up from there. My dog in now 3 years young! And works as a police dog for our local police station!Good luck to you and your dog!! My wishes are with you!!!