6 month English Mastiff puppy swiching to raw?

My 6 month English Mastiff puppy is now eating Chicken soup for a dog lovers food 8 cups a day 4 in the morning 4 in late afternoon with a little pumpkin mixed in because of loose stool now he seems very gassy. I would like to try raw what do you…

My 6 month English Mastiff puppy is now eating Chicken soup for a dog lovers food 8 cups a day 4 in the morning 4 in late afternoon with a little pumpkin mixed in because of loose stool now he seems very gassy. I would like to try raw what do you…...
    General Dog Discussions : 6 month English Mastiff puppy swiching to raw?...

• 6 month English Mastiff puppy swiching to raw?

6 month English Mastiff puppy swiching to raw? General Dog Discussions
      My 6 month English Mastiff puppy is now eating Chicken soup for a dog lovers food 8 cups a day 4 in the morning 4 in late afternoon with a little pumpkin mixed in because of loose stool now he seems very gassy. I would like to try raw what do you recommend starting out with he is now weighing in at 95 pounds? Thanks

6 month English Mastiff puppy swiching to raw? General Dog Discussions
    • I highly recommend that you join RAW-lite which is a yahoo group. Join from the 'groups' link on the yahoo home page.they are very supportive, and not militant like other groups can be. There are many giant breed puppy owners that are currently feeding raw that can get you started.

• Talk to your vet before doing raw. He is big for 6 months, dont be concerned about his weight. Off subjust, I want to tell you, get him nuetered, my generaly good natured 11 month old english mastiff just bit my kid in the face after being arounf a female dog in heat. She had to have plastic surgery. You can find a video of the bite on youtube, com, just search for mastiff bite, it is called "little girl bit by 11 month old english mastiff" I just want people to be aware that they do NOT always conform to the breed standard, and with their giant size, if they get out of controll, it is like the difference between owning a cat, and a lion!!! I am sorry to get off subject, but I want people to no. My mastiffs are pure bred, registered, and have been thru extensive professional obedience training.

• I just switched my dogs from Chicken Soup for Dog Lovers Soul to a prey model diet two weeks ago. Two of my dogs are bull mastiffs. So far so good. There is a yahoo group with a lot of members who feed raw. I started with and still mostly feed them chicken thighs, liver, and whole eggs. I didn't want to deal with possibly issues so first week was only chicken thighs. They love it. This week, I've been adding liver and eggs to the chicken thighs. Last night they had turkey necks. So far so good. I'm going to start introducing them to pork, beef, fish (is small doses) and other types of organ meat next week. From what I've read and what I've been doing take your dogs weight and mulitply it by about 4-6% since he is a puppy. I go by 3-4% of my dogs weight for daily amount to feed.Def. tho join the yahoo rawfeeding group tons of great info.