Diet for a senior dog (10 years)?

Currently I am feeding ZiwiPeak, plus raw meaty bones.INGREDIENTS: Lamb - Meat (min. 65%), Liver, Tripe, Heart and Kidney (min. 19.5%), Chicory Syrup, Green-lipped and Blue Mussel (min. 4%), Fish Oil, Lecithin, Kelp, Vitamins and Minerals, Parsley,…

Currently I am feeding ZiwiPeak, plus raw meaty bones.INGREDIENTS: Lamb - Meat (min. 65%), Liver, Tripe, Heart and Kidney (min. 19.5%), Chicory Syrup, Green-lipped and Blue Mussel (min. 4%), Fish Oil, Lecithin, Kelp, Vitamins and Minerals, Parsley,…...
    General Dog Discussions : Diet for a senior dog (10 years)?...

• Diet for a senior dog (10 years)?

Diet for a senior dog (10 years)? General Dog Discussions
      Currently I am feeding ZiwiPeak, plus raw meaty bones.INGREDIENTS: Lamb - Meat (min. 65%), Liver, Tripe, Heart and Kidney (min. 19.5%), Chicory Syrup, Green-lipped and Blue Mussel (min. 4%), Fish Oil, Lecithin, Kelp, Vitamins and Minerals, Parsley, Naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, Additives: Vit. D3 592 IU/kg, Vit. E 7.4mg/kg, Copper (copper proteinate) 9.8mg/kg. Calories 1854 KJ/100g.Protein (min.) 33% Ash (max.) 8%Fat (min.) 27% Fibre (max.) 1.5%Moisture (max.) 15% Calcium 2%Phosphorus P 1.1%Is this too much protein for a senior dog?If so, is there anything else you would recommend?Keep in mind, I live in Australia, and foods such as Orijen, etc, aren't available in my small city.Oh, I forgot about that. Yes, she does get a 1/4 teaspoon of pure glucosamine in her food each morning.

Diet for a senior dog (10 years)? General Dog Discussions
    • It actually looks pretty good to me - meat's the first ingredient and they've included organs. My vet believes seniors need a really good diet (not food for senior dogs) so their liver and kidneys don't have to work so hard, so I'd say its not too much protein for a senior. (My seniors eat Orijen!)The only thing you might want to add is glucosamine chondroitin with MSM to help your dog's joints.