Deworming Dogs...Strongid T?

I went to the vet with my dogs and the 3 that i just got a FULL of worms. Its truely discusting. The vet gave me a perscription. The vet told me to go to Pevey Mart and pick up some pyrantel pamoate oral suspention U.S.P for horses. Directions:A single…

I went to the vet with my dogs and the 3 that i just got a FULL of worms. Its truely discusting. The vet gave me a perscription. The vet told me to go to Pevey Mart and pick up some pyrantel pamoate oral suspention U.S.P for horses. Directions:A single…...
    General Dog Discussions : Deworming Dogs...Strongid T?...

• Deworming Dogs...Strongid T?

Deworming Dogs...Strongid T? General Dog Discussions
      I went to the vet with my dogs and the 3 that i just got a FULL of worms. Its truely discusting. The vet gave me a perscription. The vet told me to go to Pevey Mart and pick up some pyrantel pamoate oral suspention U.S.P for horses. Directions:A single oral dose of 6ml for round worms and 12ml tape worms per 45 kg of body weight. Please help? How safe is this? How safe is this when give it 10 week old puppies? Please help. I know how much to give but ive never had to give horse deowrmer to dogs!

Deworming Dogs...Strongid T? General Dog Discussions
    • The medicine is the same, the dosage is obviously different for the lesser body weight of the dogs.It's not uncommon for people to buy the medication in different forms and as long as you abide by the recommendation of the vet for dosage it will be fine.I know plenty of people that use this for heartworm control on their dogs:http://www.1800petmeds.com/Ivomec-prod10097.htmlIt's non-prescription and stated that it's used for cattle and swine, but the active ingredient, Ivermectin, is the same as you would find in Heartguard, just the dosage is different.Sounds like the vet is trying to save you a few bucks, good for him.