Is there a UK dog insurer that includes prescription charges?

I am getting a rescue dog, 2 year old male mongrel and have been scouring the internet to find the best insurance deal.Preferably lifetime cover approx £20-30 but none seem to state whether any presciptions/medicines are included.Help please, thanks!

I am getting a rescue dog, 2 year old male mongrel and have been scouring the internet to find the best insurance deal.Preferably lifetime cover approx £20-30 but none seem to state whether any presciptions/medicines are included.Help please, thanks!...
    General Dog Discussions : Is there a UK dog insurer that includes prescription charges?...

• Is there a UK dog insurer that includes prescription charges?

Is there a UK dog insurer that includes prescription charges? General Dog Discussions
      I am getting a rescue dog, 2 year old male mongrel and have been scouring the internet to find the best insurance deal.Preferably lifetime cover approx £20-30 but none seem to state whether any presciptions/medicines are included.Help please, thanks!

Is there a UK dog insurer that includes prescription charges? General Dog Discussions
    • No insurers cover any illnesses that the dog already has so if the prescriptions are for something he already has you won't be able to get cover for it. Most insurers will cover prescriptions though. It will say 'veterinary treatment' or something similar instead of specifically saying prescriptions, but if you have any doubt give the insurers a call and check with them. Mine are all insured with Petplan and I've never had to get a prescription but they were happy to pay for hydrotherapy which costed £20 a session and my dog had 25 sessions, so that's quite similar....

• You would have to call up the companys to see if they cover prescription charges as you are chosing to get the dogs meds else where hence the charge to get a precription, but if you get a cover that does ongoing problems they will pay your vet for the meds so no need to ask for a prescription.However if you talking about a health problem the dog allready has they wont cover anything to do with it as its a pre existing condition and no company covers that.