What should I treat my dog's raw patches of skin with?

First off it's not a hot spot issue. I have another dog that would be considered the dominant one. He has been licking my other dog obsessively and has now licked the hair off and created a wet, raw patch of skin on the less dominate dog. I will be…

First off it's not a hot spot issue. I have another dog that would be considered the dominant one. He has been licking my other dog obsessively and has now licked the hair off and created a wet, raw patch of skin on the less dominate dog. I will be…...
    General Dog Discussions : What should I treat my dog's raw patches of skin with?...

• What should I treat my dog's raw patches of skin with?

What should I treat my dog's raw patches of skin with? General Dog Discussions
      First off it's not a hot spot issue. I have another dog that would be considered the dominant one. He has been licking my other dog obsessively and has now licked the hair off and created a wet, raw patch of skin on the less dominate dog. I will be taking that dog to the vet but for the time being what should I treat his wound with?

What should I treat my dog's raw patches of skin with? General Dog Discussions
    • Use Neosporin. If the wound is someplace the dog can reach and lick off the Neosporin, cover it with gauze or a soft cloth (like a clean tshirt cut into strips). Keep the dominant dog away from the wounded dog until he heals or is checked by a doctor.

• Depending on the size of the "wound" they sell an item at petsmart, it sooths. Its a lavendar spray. I use it for dogs bug bites and minor booboos. Stops them from wanting to itch. Not sure it that helps but good luck!