A serious question for my friends at p&S. How do you stop a dog's nosebleed?

My daughter is babysitting for a family whose dog is having a nosebleed. We can't reach the family and we don't want to incur a huge vet bill without the owner's permission. What should we do? No one over at "dogs" will answer me. Thanks

My daughter is babysitting for a family whose dog is having a nosebleed. We can't reach the family and we don't want to incur a huge vet bill without the owner's permission. What should we do? No one over at "dogs" will answer me. Thanks...
    General Dog Discussions : A serious question for my friends at p&S. How do you stop a dog's nosebleed?...

• A serious question for my friends at p&S. How do you stop a dog's nosebleed?

A serious question for my friends at p&S. How do you stop a dog's nosebleed? General Dog Discussions
      My daughter is babysitting for a family whose dog is having a nosebleed. We can't reach the family and we don't want to incur a huge vet bill without the owner's permission. What should we do? No one over at "dogs" will answer me. Thanks

A serious question for my friends at p&S. How do you stop a dog's nosebleed? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to take this dog to a vet. Things that cause nose bleeds in dogs are SERIOUS, and need to be dealt with ASAP! I know that finances are often a concern, but I am sure that the owners would take their dog to the vet if they were home. Your daughter has taken on the responsibility of sitting this dog for them. If it were my dog, and she were sitting for me, I would expect her to take the dog to the vet, and would reimburse her for any costs incurred.One thing that can cause nose bleeds in dogs is rat poison - if there are children in the house, I would be really concerned about this possibility, and the fact that one of the children could get into it....