does anyone know anything about Thuya Occidentalis and if its safe to give to dogs?

My brother uses this Boiron homeopathic medicine for his horses and swears by the product. If it is not harmfull what would the dosage be for a dog - are there any side effects?Thank you.

does anyone know anything about Thuya Occidentalis and if its safe to give to dogs?

My brother uses this Boiron homeopathic medicine for his horses and swears by the product. If it is not harmfull what would the dosage be for a dog - are there any side effects?Thank you....
    General Dog Discussions : does anyone know anything about Thuya Occidentalis and if its safe to give to dogs?...

• does anyone know anything about Thuya Occidentalis and if its safe to give to dogs?

does anyone know anything about Thuya Occidentalis and if its safe to give to dogs? General Dog Discussions
      My brother uses this Boiron homeopathic medicine for his horses and swears by the product. If it is not harmfull what would the dosage be for a dog - are there any side effects?Thank you.

does anyone know anything about Thuya Occidentalis and if its safe to give to dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Since it is a homeopathic remedy, it should be safe for your dog. However, many homeopathic remedies are fine only IF used in the correct dosages. Too much may cause health issues that can prove fatal, and too little may defeat the purpose and have no effect. Generally, from what I know of it, Thuya Occidentalis (Arbor vitae) is used mainly for the temporary relief of pain, itching, and scratching associated with hot spots, eczema, flea-bite and allergic dermatitis. It also aids in soothing and healing the skin. It has antibacterial qualities and is sometimes used to combat the effects of overvaccination.I would see your vet and ask if he/she is aware of this substance and its uses in the veterinary community. If not, you may be able to find a homeopathic (sometimes called "holistic") vet in your area to consult about this. I know there are already supplements made that use this herb. Dr. Goodpet Remedies is one example. But definitely ask your vet first for relevance and dosage information.Good luck!