My dog has ear mites what can I do to give him temporary relief?

the vet is closed today, so getting him medicine has to wait until monday. Can I drop anything in his ears to relieve the irritation for now? Something that I can find at home.

the vet is closed today, so getting him medicine has to wait until monday. Can I drop anything in his ears to relieve the irritation for now? Something that I can find at home....
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has ear mites what can I do to give him temporary relief?...

• My dog has ear mites what can I do to give him temporary relief?

My dog has ear mites what can I do to give him temporary relief? General Dog Discussions
      the vet is closed today, so getting him medicine has to wait until monday. Can I drop anything in his ears to relieve the irritation for now? Something that I can find at home.

My dog has ear mites what can I do to give him temporary relief? General Dog Discussions
    • As long as there are no sores or broken skin inside the ear, you can mix equal parts of vinegar and water, and place a few drops of this mixture in each ear. You might want to do this outside since your dog will shake his head like crazy and this will loosen the ear wax and make it easier to remove. Next, wrap a piece of cotton around your finger, and insert it as far into the ear as you can without being forceful, (do not insert cotton swabs into your dog's ears! Repeat the process until the ears appear clear of debris.That may give him a little relief for tonight, but certainly won't clear up the ear mites. Let your vet do that tomorrow. He will flush the ear and clean it well, and give you some meds to use every day for a few days. He will also do a recheck in a few days to make sure the mites are gone.ADD: However, if you're taking him in first thing tomorrow morning, you really don't have to do anything today.

• This might sound kinda gross, but use a tissue and get them out! THEY ARE SUCKING BLOOD OUT OF YOU PUPPY'S EAR!it could damage his hearing!Just pinch them out and crush them.put some water and a little dish soap, maybe, but be really careful because these are ears we're talking about, and putting anything stronger could damage them.