Is it weird that my cat has a brown eye and a green eye?

I know that it is completely normal for a cat to have green eyes and blue eyes, but i don't ever recall a cat having brown eyes, only dogs.His eye is really dark brown not like an amber color. He is a tuxedo cat.

I know that it is completely normal for a cat to have green eyes and blue eyes, but i don't ever recall a cat having brown eyes, only dogs.His eye is really dark brown not like an amber color. He is a tuxedo cat....
    General Dog Discussions : Is it weird that my cat has a brown eye and a green eye?...

• Is it weird that my cat has a brown eye and a green eye?

Is it weird that my cat has a brown eye and a green eye? General Dog Discussions
      I know that it is completely normal for a cat to have green eyes and blue eyes, but i don't ever recall a cat having brown eyes, only dogs.His eye is really dark brown not like an amber color. He is a tuxedo cat.

Is it weird that my cat has a brown eye and a green eye? General Dog Discussions
    • The brown is probably a shade of gold rather then brown. Its very very rare for a non-white to have odd eye color. I did own a black & white bicolor with a blue eye and a gold-green eye - she won a lot of awards.If you are concerned, have your vet take a look.

• If you are concerned, take him to the vet. Can't say that I've ever seen a cat with a truly brown eye, but most likely it is nothing to be concerned about. It is heterochromia, which is simply eyes that are different colors, and not all that unusual.

• Sometimes a brown eye can be a result of damage to the iris either through injury or illness. However I'm assuming your cat's eye has always been brown, so it's possibly just genetic. Have you ever noticed whether the brown eye reflect/glow as green in the dark or does it appear red? This article on cat eye colours has information and photos you might find interesting.http://www.messybeast.com/eye-colours.htmIf you have any concerns, you could have your vet check him over just to ensure that his brown eye won't cause any vision or health problems in the future.

• There's no such thing as Brown eyes in cats. The eyes are Gold, Green, Blue or Copper. And while cats CAN have two different coloured eyes this usually only appears in coats that are white or mostly white. The eyes also tend to be one eye Blue and the other Gold or Green. And it really is unheard of in a cat that's Black and White like your cat.Can you post a picture of this cat? I'm betting something is actually wrong with the eye it's not the eye colour. Has the eye always been like this? What have vets said? Was it tested for Feline Leukemia? If not bleeding inside the eye is one of the things that can manifest and that would make the eye look "brown".