What is the best dog food to feed a dog that rarely has recalls.?

I am currently feeding my dog pedigree, which has a lot of corn and I want to switch her dog food. How would I go about switching, and what dog food do you recommend? Last time I switched to Innova but my dog got sick.

I am currently feeding my dog pedigree, which has a lot of corn and I want to switch her dog food. How would I go about switching, and what dog food do you recommend? Last time I switched to Innova but my dog got sick....
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best dog food to feed a dog that rarely has recalls.?...

• What is the best dog food to feed a dog that rarely has recalls.?

What is the best dog food to feed a dog that rarely has recalls.? General Dog Discussions
      I am currently feeding my dog pedigree, which has a lot of corn and I want to switch her dog food. How would I go about switching, and what dog food do you recommend? Last time I switched to Innova but my dog got sick.

What is the best dog food to feed a dog that rarely has recalls.? General Dog Discussions
    • Congrats on wanting to help your dog! A lot of people think it's okay to feed their dogs crap food...When switching your dog's food, make sure to keep a reserve of her old food. I like to use 20% increments--so the first day of the switch, use 80% Pedigree, and 20% new food. From there, you can change the levels to 60/40, 40/60, 80/20, and then finally 100% new food. You can also do it in 25% increments. Ideally this should take about a week (or two weeks if your dog's stomach is sensitive). If your dog got sick last time you switched her, it was probably done too quickly. Innova is a fantastic food; it's just really hard on a dog's system to immediately go from a cruddy food to a high-quality one since there's way more protein in the good food. It may take your dog the full two weeks to get her used to the new food.Some great, premium/ ultra-premium foods are EVO, Blue Buffalo/ Wilderness, Pinnacle, Acana, Instinct, Wellness, Solid Gold, Taste of the Wild, Timberland Organics, Fromm Family... A good site to peruse is http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com Check out all of the 4-6-star foods they have on there--you local pet store (or farm supply/feed store) is bound to carry a couple of them.(Science Diet is crud, by the way. Sorry, kids.)

• I use Canidae its a very good brand and my siberian husky loves it also almost all dogs will have runny poop or even puke after you switch dog food if you dont do it gradually but it is normal.

• I would recommend Nutro Natural Choice Lamb Meal & Rice formula. It is designed for dogs with sensitive systems. This food contains only one animal protein source, and one carbohydrate source, so will be very gentle, and highly digestible. It also contains high levels of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids for healthy skin and a beautiful coat. Nutro does not contain any fillers, artificial preservatives, artificial colorings, or animal by-products. Also, one of the greatest things is that Nutro makes all their own foods, in their very own production facilities. They do not outsource the production of any products to any other companies.

• I used John Miller's Amazing Recipes. He have 245 homemade dog food recipes that you can provide yourself. Refer his site at http://www.wherecanibuythings.com/John-Miller-professional-dog-fancierHope he can help you.