Could this poisoning kill my dogs?

I have 5 Mastiffs. 2 of them have their own special food. I won't say the brand, even though I probably should. But I don't want to cause any trouble. However, One of those dos have been tested positive for salmonella poisoning. So that means that my…

I have 5 Mastiffs. 2 of them have their own special food. I won't say the brand, even though I probably should. But I don't want to cause any trouble. However, One of those dos have been tested positive for salmonella poisoning. So that means that my…...
    General Dog Discussions : Could this poisoning kill my dogs?...

• Could this poisoning kill my dogs?

Could this poisoning kill my dogs? General Dog Discussions
      I have 5 Mastiffs. 2 of them have their own special food. I won't say the brand, even though I probably should. But I don't want to cause any trouble. However, One of those dos have been tested positive for salmonella poisoning. So that means that my other dog probably has it, as well.. Could they die from the poisoning? Or can it be treatable? Will it gets worse. I'm very worried about my dogs..

Could this poisoning kill my dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • It could very well be the food. You need to take your dogs to the vet right away because they both probably do have it. Yes it is treatable. You won't lose your dogs if you take them in to be treated.

• There are several dog food brands on recall right now, some of them because of Salmonella. Here's a link you can go to for the latest brands to see if the food you're using is one of them: http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recalls/Salmonella can be deadly, so you should take the dogs to the vet. Also, because you can get Salmonella from handling the food, be sure to wash your hands good and sanitize whereever you've had the food stored.Of course, there are other ways to get Salmonella besides the dog food - a rotten bone dug up in the yard, dead birds or whatever. Check your backyard for yukky stuff that the dog might find too.Best of luck, and by the way, that link I gave you, offers a service where you can sign up for email alerts whenever there's a recall. A good idea since recalls are becoming a fairly constant thing.