Homemade dog food?? How to?

I have decided that I want to make homemade dog food for my dog. I have done some research and decided this would be best for her, so don't tell me it's not.I'm looking for recipes and advice from other owners who make this. Also how much to feed and any…

I have decided that I want to make homemade dog food for my dog. I have done some research and decided this would be best for her, so don't tell me it's not.I'm looking for recipes and advice from other owners who make this. Also how much to feed and any…...
    General Dog Discussions : Homemade dog food?? How to?...

• Homemade dog food?? How to?

Homemade dog food?? How to? General Dog Discussions
      I have decided that I want to make homemade dog food for my dog. I have done some research and decided this would be best for her, so don't tell me it's not.I'm looking for recipes and advice from other owners who make this. Also how much to feed and any other tips you may have. Thanks!

Homemade dog food?? How to? General Dog Discussions
    • I know of 2 websites that will hopefully help you,you can generate several meals for your dog,it was recommend to me by my vet when my own dogs were having difficulty with food allergies.Good luck!http://www.petdiets.com/https://secure.balanceit.com/

• Here's what my dogs eat and have been doing great on, and Vet has approved it for them (because of how much better their skin and coats and general health was as a result of this diet):They eat two meals a day. Breakfast is:One meat: (i.e.: nitrate free bacon or sausage, lean hamburger meat, turkey, chicken, and once a week scrambled egg in place of meat.)Oatmeal (sometimes white rice well cooked)Half a banana nickeledtwo spoonfuls of live active yogurtdinner:One meat (hamburger, turkey, chicken, beef (cut up), buffalo, venison, duck, occasionally chicken livers or hearts or even gizzards but we mince those up.) those organ meats should be fed once or twice a week rather than regularly. Some dogs don't tolerate chicken liver well, especially if fed more often.Peeled steamed potatoes (yellow or sweet potato) or well cooked white rice, sometimes quinoa.Veggies (single or combo of cooked and chopped:) broccoli, carrots, zucchini squash, green beans, peas are most common we use.It's important to steam until tender and chop or mince finely- you can even puree the veggies.We mince up the meat when in whole cuts. You can mix the ingredients together or put them in the bowl much like you'd put them on your plate separately. We give Vet approved amount of fish oil- usually Omega 3 fish oil capsules made for humans. Don't buy any supplements at a dollar store and check expiration dates to be assured of freshness. For snacks, our dog eat cored apple slices, bits of melon, bits of mango, papaya and we bake homemade dog biscuits from scratch. They also get...yes- I know that some people don't approve- some pigs ears that are baked and made in America. They get this once a week for teeth and breath.How much you feed depends on the weight of your dog. Our dogs get about a quarter cup of meat in each meal or a single scrambled egg as a once a week meat substitute at breakfast, then half cup rice or sweet potato or oatmeal or quinoa, quarter cup veggies. They weigh about fifty lbs. each. One gets slightly less food because she gains weight quicker and you don't want your dog to get fat. So a lean but healthy appearance is great. That means they have a doggie waist, but no backbone or hip bones showing and in their cases, no ribs showing either. The amount can be adjusted if your dog is losing too much weight or gaining too much. Then just feed less at each meal or more accordingly. We don't measure precisely as we are pretty used to amounts.They actually get more meat because we also give meat bits as snacks too. The live active cultured yogurt provides calcium and phosphorous and beneficial bacteria. They don't get that every day though it wouldn't hurt if they did.