Pros and Cons of Raw Food diet?

I own a Rat Terrier who has suffered HORRIBLE allergies.. we are trying to narrow down what he eats which means no scraps, just his food That's it. He had been on natural balance limited ingredient duck and potato but we recently switched him to Stella…

I own a Rat Terrier who has suffered HORRIBLE allergies.. we are trying to narrow down what he eats which means no scraps, just his food That's it. He had been on natural balance limited ingredient duck and potato but we recently switched him to Stella…...
    General Dog Discussions : Pros and Cons of Raw Food diet?...

• Pros and Cons of Raw Food diet?

Pros and Cons of Raw Food diet? General Dog Discussions
      I own a Rat Terrier who has suffered HORRIBLE allergies.. we are trying to narrow down what he eats which means no scraps, just his food That's it. He had been on natural balance limited ingredient duck and potato but we recently switched him to Stella and chewys raw food patties in the duck flavor by the advice of a fellow dog owner. Our vet has seen him and is aware of the situation. It seems to be helping his coat somewhat, but what are your thoughts on raw feeding?? Does it help allergies? What advantages and disadvantages?? Thanks

Pros and Cons of Raw Food diet? General Dog Discussions
    • raw items such as meat and fish will eat the absorbant lining off of its intestines so it won't be absorbing any nutrientstry finding a place or asking a dog food company if they can make you customized food so you and your vet can get it right

• Ignore people like Tony who clearly have no idea of what they are talking aboutRaw and prey model is wholesome and proper. Dogs are carnivores, they are meant, by evolution, to eat raw meat, raw bone and raw organs and can adsorb it just fine. Raw helps and even eliminates allergies. Dog food causes countless allergies due to all the fillers, corn, veggies, wheat, soy and the like. Dog can't get salmonella or anything from raw meat, the acid in their stomachs is far too strong. There are nothing but advantages to feeding a carnivore a proper diet. You feed 80% raw meat, 10% raw bone and 10% raw organs