What is your opinion of Natural Balance sweet potato and fish kibble for large dogs?

My dog has a wheat allergy and a friend of mine recommended it because her dog has the same allergy. I'm about to go return the 30lb bag of Science Diet I bought and will be getting her a more holistic brand. Is it a decent dog food? Is it also ok for…

What is your opinion of Natural Balance sweet potato and fish kibble for large dogs?

My dog has a wheat allergy and a friend of mine recommended it because her dog has the same allergy. I'm about to go return the 30lb bag of Science Diet I bought and will be getting her a more holistic brand. Is it a decent dog food? Is it also ok for…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is your opinion of Natural Balance sweet potato and fish kibble for large dogs?...

• What is your opinion of Natural Balance sweet potato and fish kibble for large dogs?

What is your opinion of Natural Balance sweet potato and fish kibble for large dogs? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has a wheat allergy and a friend of mine recommended it because her dog has the same allergy. I'm about to go return the 30lb bag of Science Diet I bought and will be getting her a more holistic brand. Is it a decent dog food? Is it also ok for dogs who have had UTI's before?I've heard of Taste of the Wild. I'll check it out! Thanks!

What is your opinion of Natural Balance sweet potato and fish kibble for large dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • I fed that to one of my dogs for awhile, but then found out that Taste of the Wild was a better food, and a little cheaper for me. Natural Balance is a very good food, but please check out Taste of the Wild. After I switched to TOTW, I didn't even have to feed as much, making the savings even better for me. Honestly, it's better to have a meat source as the first listed ingredient, rather than potato. My dog also produced less and smaller stools after I switched. My Dobe doesn't tolerate ANY grains at all. (Diarrhea)Add: I should probably add that IMO, the UTI's have nothing to do with any type of food. With that said, some dog's are put on a prescription food when they have a UTI, but that is usually just temporary. I UTI is caused by bacteria entering they body. In fact, unless absolutely necessary, I don't even believe in prescription dog foods. My Vet SCAMMED me really good with that some years ago. She wanted me to feed my Dysplasic Bulldog Royal Canine Large Breed Mobility food at the cost of $75.00 for a 30 lb. bag. I did that for three months, and her coat was terrible, so I went back to feeding Merrick, which was the food I was feeding at the time before obtaining a dog that doesn't tolerate grains. My Bulldog was already on the prescription Rimadyl and a Glucosamine/MSM supplement, so WHY would this high priced food make any difference? It didn't, except to make her coat crappy.