International travelling with a large breed dog?

I know it will cost a lot more in the long run, but I don't want to leave him home if I travel abroad.We have plans on going to Japan and parts of Europe (Germany, Italy, Sweden...). I heard that dogs need to be quarantined for a few days to a week or…

I know it will cost a lot more in the long run, but I don't want to leave him home if I travel abroad.We have plans on going to Japan and parts of Europe (Germany, Italy, Sweden...). I heard that dogs need to be quarantined for a few days to a week or…...
    General Dog Discussions : International travelling with a large breed dog?...

• International travelling with a large breed dog?

International travelling with a large breed dog? General Dog Discussions
      I know it will cost a lot more in the long run, but I don't want to leave him home if I travel abroad.We have plans on going to Japan and parts of Europe (Germany, Italy, Sweden...). I heard that dogs need to be quarantined for a few days to a week or more--but now I'm reading as long as I get all his shots and what he needs to enter the country from my vet, then he will be fine.My dog is a Great Pyrenees, is AKC Canine Good Citizen certified and he is registered with Therapy Dogs International as a therapy dog as well with a prescription from my doctor.

International travelling with a large breed dog? General Dog Discussions
    • There are some countries that require longer quarantine periods and can be as long as 6 months or longer whether you have a Pet Passport or not. You would need to contact each country to find out what their quarantine process would be and whether they accept the Pet Passport to bypass the quarantine period.