Will I Have Trouble Getting a 11 week old pup into US?

I keep asking because I just can't find out. I need exact answers. Poland does not give passports to puppies that do not have rabies shots, but puppies under 12 weeks cannot get rabies shots. Will the US border give me trouble when I come in with the…

I keep asking because I just can't find out. I need exact answers. Poland does not give passports to puppies that do not have rabies shots, but puppies under 12 weeks cannot get rabies shots. Will the US border give me trouble when I come in with the…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will I Have Trouble Getting a 11 week old pup into US?...

• Will I Have Trouble Getting a 11 week old pup into US?

Will I Have Trouble Getting a 11 week old pup into US? General Dog Discussions
      I keep asking because I just can't find out. I need exact answers. Poland does not give passports to puppies that do not have rabies shots, but puppies under 12 weeks cannot get rabies shots. Will the US border give me trouble when I come in with the pup?I've been told that all the dog needs is to "look healthy" but I think thats just too easy. What do you think?Do you think we can sign the confinement agreement when we get to the US, or do we have to do it before hand?I'm just worried because I dont want to get stuck not knowing what to do

Will I Have Trouble Getting a 11 week old pup into US? General Dog Discussions
    • Here is a PDF.. since the pup is under 3 months of age, rabies vaccine is not required.. http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/newsroom/publications/travel/pets_wild.ctt/pets.pdf scroll down to page 4, it explains what's needed for importing dogs to the USRead the PDFDogs do not have to be spayed and neutered to enter the US.. if that was the case, then it would be impossible to import quality show dogs for breeding!The dog must appear to be in good health and free of disease at entry.. if not then it will have to be examined by a licenced vet at YOUR expense.Since your pup is under 3 months, the vaccine is not required, however the pup must be confined at a place of your choosing until 3 months of age.. the pup must be vaccinated, and then confined at a place of your choosing for 30 days after the vaccination.

• I am from the U.S. All pets that enter the U.S. must be spayed and/or neutered and must have all their shots. If you sneek them in without being checked you could be in big legal trouble. I'm sure they will let them in. The people will check but if I were you I would wait don't get yourself in trouble in the U.S.