My dog keeps constantly licking her bottom? What could be the cause?

Also, its not looking normal (her behind is a bit red and there seems to be like discharge coming out of it?)

My dog keeps constantly licking her bottom? What could be the cause?

Also, its not looking normal (her behind is a bit red and there seems to be like discharge coming out of it?)...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog keeps constantly licking her bottom? What could be the cause?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If she's licking more than dogs normally do, take her to the vet. The discharge doesn't sound too good...

• I would say your dog is self medicating and cleaning. She wanted it clean so it won't get infected. One case that I can think of though, especially if your dog isn't fix, is maybe she's ovulating. It's a normal process that dogs go through.You've got all the brightest idea and advice ahead of me, so I thought I'll give you another scenario. Good luck with your dog.

• She could any number of things going on including the items mentioned above. My lab does it constantly and it is a direct and indirect result of allergies. She itches initially because of the allegies, gets that area wet and it gets into the folds of her skin. Then that area starts to gro bacteria and the like giving her a pretty bad rash. A vet trip is a must because there are some really significant things that could be causing the problem