What should I do for my dog who has a hurt front leg?

My dog hurt her left front leg and won't walk on it or let you touch it. I don't believe it is broken but I am not a vet. I know you can give your dog aspirin or something to help with the pain. Does anybody know if this is true and how much I can give…

My dog hurt her left front leg and won't walk on it or let you touch it. I don't believe it is broken but I am not a vet. I know you can give your dog aspirin or something to help with the pain. Does anybody know if this is true and how much I can give…...
    General Dog Discussions : What should I do for my dog who has a hurt front leg?...

• What should I do for my dog who has a hurt front leg?

What should I do for my dog who has a hurt front leg? General Dog Discussions
      My dog hurt her left front leg and won't walk on it or let you touch it. I don't believe it is broken but I am not a vet. I know you can give your dog aspirin or something to help with the pain. Does anybody know if this is true and how much I can give her. Should I ice the leg or put heat on the leg? I am just trying to help it and make her comfortable until the vet opens tomorrow. Any suggestions.

What should I do for my dog who has a hurt front leg? General Dog Discussions
    • Call an emergency vet and ask about pain relief. When your dog's health is at stake the last people you want to be taking advice from are strangers on Yahoo Answers.

• Strict crate rest until you can get her to a vet that can make a proper diagnosis. You could call your local emergency vet and ask about something for pain until you see your vet. Never give any human medication without asking a vet first for the proper dosing instructions. If there is a chance your dog got hit by a car you should go to the vet today due to the risk of internal injury's. If she has just hurt her leg crate rest should be ok until tomorrow.