How do I care for a Great Dane puppy?

I'm getting a puppy soon. I'm 10 years old and I know alot about dogs, but any specifications for Great Danes?

I'm getting a puppy soon. I'm 10 years old and I know alot about dogs, but any specifications for Great Danes?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I care for a Great Dane puppy?...

• How do I care for a Great Dane puppy?

How do I care for a Great Dane puppy? General Dog Discussions
      I'm getting a puppy soon. I'm 10 years old and I know alot about dogs, but any specifications for Great Danes?

How do I care for a Great Dane puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • Hi!First your puppy is a Giant breed dog. Your breeder will probably give you a set of instructions for taking care of your new pup. The food you feed your pup is very important too. With Giant breed dogs you have to be careful what you feed them so they do not grow too quickly to cause bone and other issues that can happen with Giant breed dogs. You have to become a very good reader of dog food ingredients and of the protein levels in the dog food too.For Giant breeds like your pup it is recommended a protein level of no higher than 24 percent be fed to your pup.A great food is Canidae all life stages or Canidae Lamb and rice formula. Both have 24 percent protein or lower. It would be excellent to feed your pup.You should also have your pup vet checked very soon after bringing it home. Usually within a few days ok. Just to make sure everything is ok with the pup. Good luck and I hope I have helped a bit!

• Yes, the protein level of the pup's food is VERY important. Definitely, it should not be more than 24%.You can feed large breed puppy or you can feed adult dog food. Just remember that the first ingredient on the dog food label should be meat, not corn.