Have you ever worked at a doggy day care?

I managed to get a job at a doggy daycare through the rescue I volunteer at. I have experience with dogs, but I was just wondering if anyone had any tips/tricks/advice they'd like to share about working at such a place. Even giving your own experience…

I managed to get a job at a doggy daycare through the rescue I volunteer at. I have experience with dogs, but I was just wondering if anyone had any tips/tricks/advice they'd like to share about working at such a place. Even giving your own experience…...
    General Dog Discussions : Have you ever worked at a doggy day care?...

• Have you ever worked at a doggy day care?

Have you ever worked at a doggy day care? General Dog Discussions
      I managed to get a job at a doggy daycare through the rescue I volunteer at. I have experience with dogs, but I was just wondering if anyone had any tips/tricks/advice they'd like to share about working at such a place. Even giving your own experience would be fine. =)Thanks in advance!

Have you ever worked at a doggy day care? General Dog Discussions
    • I've worked everywhere and done pretty much every job with animals you can think of except vet. You will find that pack dynamics are different than just individual dogs. In other words don't let too many dogs get together at once. They become a different entity and this is where some dogs become aggressive and some get picked on. Your boss should know who can go with whom.Learn to stay calm. Dogs respect and respond to calm leaders. Oh they will push your buttons and this can be hard to do some days but becoming one of those people that spends their day yelling is a bad way to go and the dogs just learn to tune you out.At some point a tooth will catch an ear or a tail and there will be blood. Don't panic. It just looks like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Pressure on the cut, a bandage and it will be fine. Honest.If you are there long enough and have it in your area, you will get ringworm. Again, don't panic. Washing with the dandruff shampoo Nizoral as a body wash will get rid of it without expensive prescription stuff. There will be days you will wonder why you get out of bed and then the next day someone will curl up in your lap and you will know why you did. :-)Best of luck and have fun. A kind word will be remembered long after you think it will.

• I worked at a doggy daycare! Its pretty fun. here are some tips1. project a calm energy- dogs pick up on this energy and will reflect it so if you're agitated and excited, the whole pack will be too!2. NO FOOD!3. if there are toys, make sure there are plenty for everyone, so no one fights4. don't allow humping or bullying of any kind: this is the other dogs trying to dominate the pack and you are in essence the top dog... the pack leader as Cesar Milan would say! but my best advice is still #1.... just stay calm and you'll do fine.