How much is a bark collar-or any thing that will stop my dog from barking, in Australia, Sydney?

My dog barks like mad when he sees something move, but i dont want to stop him from barking- just something that will not let him bark when i use it, but he will bark nevertheless without it.Does a bark collar do that?Or anything else that isn't that…

How much is a bark collar-or any thing that will stop my dog from barking, in Australia, Sydney?

My dog barks like mad when he sees something move, but i dont want to stop him from barking- just something that will not let him bark when i use it, but he will bark nevertheless without it.Does a bark collar do that?Or anything else that isn't that…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much is a bark collar-or any thing that will stop my dog from barking, in Australia, Sydney?...

• How much is a bark collar-or any thing that will stop my dog from barking, in Australia, Sydney?

How much is a bark collar-or any thing that will stop my dog from barking, in Australia, Sydney? General Dog Discussions
      My dog barks like mad when he sees something move, but i dont want to stop him from barking- just something that will not let him bark when i use it, but he will bark nevertheless without it.Does a bark collar do that?Or anything else that isn't that cruel?I understand Brittany, but that stops him from barking forever, because he will be afriad that the collar wil yank him when he barks, even if it isn't on.

How much is a bark collar-or any thing that will stop my dog from barking, in Australia, Sydney? General Dog Discussions
    • Please, please, don't use a bark collar. Many things can go wrong with them, and working at Vet office for only a year, I saw two cases where it malfunctioned and burned into the dog's neck.One suggestion I do have though, is to train your dog to listen when you tell him not to bark. This can be done by buying one of those new choke collars, that look kind of like they have prongs on the inside. Keep that on him at all times. When he begins to bark, let him for a few seconds, and then say "No!" loudly and firmly, and give the collar a yank. This should stop him barking. Repeat until this behavior is engrained.

• You can get citronella collars and they work fairly well for this. They are a few hundred to buy in Aus, but call around pet stores as a lot of them hire the collars out as do some vet clinics.

• the shock collars are cruel i think. i had a friend buy one and put it on his wrist to check it out and he said it was like the equivalent of a stun gun or worse. needless to say he didnt put it on his dogs. but the one person did have a very good idea. the pronged collars. they dont actually hurt the dog. it just kind of startles them. that would be my best answer to you