How do i convince my parents into getting another dog?

my dog past away some time ago. I did all the work including taking him out and feeding him. I am ready for another one but they say their not how do i convince them?

my dog past away some time ago. I did all the work including taking him out and feeding him. I am ready for another one but they say their not how do i convince them?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do i convince my parents into getting another dog?...

• How do i convince my parents into getting another dog?

How do i convince my parents into getting another dog? General Dog Discussions
      my dog past away some time ago. I did all the work including taking him out and feeding him. I am ready for another one but they say their not how do i convince them?

How do i convince my parents into getting another dog? General Dog Discussions
    • You wait.They might just be mourning the loss of the last dog still, it takes different people different amounts of times to grieve.Or maybe their just not financially ready yet. Money is becoming an issue in the US, and maybe they found the last dog coast a bit too much in food, vet bills, and such.Step one is to find out why they are not ready, then you can go from there.

• You didn't mention how old you are but I presume you still live at home with your parents. If your parents don't want another dog, you have to respect that. My suggestion for you is to volunteer at a local shelter or rescue groups and maybe your parents will see that you are committed to being responsible for taking care of another dog.You didn't say why your parents don't want another dog but if they are firm in their decision, you will have to wait until you get your own place and get a dog then.

• If you have proved responsible in the past then they still refuse you must wait. It took a year before my parents relented and let me get another. I just kept bringing it up every now and then.