What is the best flea treatment for a small dog?

I take my dog to be vet checked and groomed every 3 months plus he has a bath every weekend yet he still has fleas! I have tried capstar, revolution and various flea shampoo's yet nothing seems to work. (yes I have treated the house also) I am wondering…

I take my dog to be vet checked and groomed every 3 months plus he has a bath every weekend yet he still has fleas! I have tried capstar, revolution and various flea shampoo's yet nothing seems to work. (yes I have treated the house also) I am wondering…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best flea treatment for a small dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best flea treatment for a small dog?

What is the best flea treatment for a small dog? General Dog Discussions
      I take my dog to be vet checked and groomed every 3 months plus he has a bath every weekend yet he still has fleas! I have tried capstar, revolution and various flea shampoo's yet nothing seems to work. (yes I have treated the house also) I am wondering if frontline once a month on the back of the neck really does work?

What is the best flea treatment for a small dog? General Dog Discussions
    • I use Revolution on my cats and it worked fine.It sounds like they aren't doing a good job at treating your house because these applied treatments interfere with the fleas ability to thrive on your pet.

• Revolution did work for our small dog, Chow Chow and cat.We recently adopted an 8yo Chow who had fleas. Our new Vet gave us Frontline around July 9th. She has done less scratching, finally in the last few days. I believe it is working for her, it just may take awhile.Good Luck

• Few dog owners are fortunate enough to avoid an eventual run-in with fleas, the most common dog parasites. Even with regular bathing and grooming, the tireless critters can find their way to the tender flesh of unsuspecting dogs (and dog owners). The bloodsuckers not only don't pay rent, they cause itching and can transmit diseases to their hosts.Happily, controlling fleas has become much simpler, safer, and more effective in the last few years. New products that break the flea's reproductive cycle make it possible to keep the little biters at bay without exposing your dog to toxic chemicals. http://tinyurl.com/5jnmk9