my leopard geckos crap looks runny and wierd looking does anyvody know whats wrong?

my leopard geckos crap looks runny and wierd looking does anyvody know whats wrong?

my leopard geckos crap looks runny and wierd looking does anyvody know whats wrong?...
    General Dog Discussions : my leopard geckos crap looks runny and wierd looking does anyvody know whats wrong?...

• my leopard geckos crap looks runny and wierd looking does anyvody know whats wrong?

my leopard geckos crap looks runny and wierd looking does anyvody know whats wrong? General Dog Discussions

my leopard geckos crap looks runny and wierd looking does anyvody know whats wrong? General Dog Discussions
    • well they shed at night and they usually do it without you knowing. but most of the time they eat the she before you get to it. when mine dose her poop is runny and kinda greenish for a couple days. if it lasts more than three days i would try turning up the heat a little bit. are you dusting your crickets with calcium powder? if not try that. i hope this helps, good luck

• Are you dealing with a vet checked healthy animal obtained from a reputable store/breeder?How long have you had it, and how old is it?What are you feeding it?(*My geckos' stools are normal after a shed.* My geckos shed at anytime of the night/day.).This would a "best guess" answer, at the most. Here is a recipe for gut loading your Leo's crickets:GUT LOADING CRICKETS for REPTILES:The number one problem: Dried up and malnourished pet store crickets and mealworms. These food items are essentially useless. A dehydrated and unfed cricket contains almost no nutrients at all; refrigerated mealworms are even worse. A lot of the variety in nutrients found in wild insects is actually in the stomach content - usually plant material. We need to duplicate this to provide the best for our reptiles; without the risk of illness/disease/parasites which can result from feeding our pets wild insects.Please note that wax worms, while fattening, are not nutritious.Basic Dry/Staple Cricket Food:Equal amounts of dry Iguana food, dry dog food, chick starter mash, oatmeal (you can add dry baby food wheat/rye, etc. as well; even shredded wheat-no sugar).Grind these items together. Place in a small lid/bowl for the crickets to eat. Store the unused portion in the refrigerator or freezer, until needed.Supplement daily with one of the following: bananas, zucchini, oranges, carrots, strawberries, assorted squashes (acorn, yellow, etc.), grapefruit, green beans, apples, kale, spinach, cactus pads, and just about anything else you can think of. Provide the dry food and kale at all times (kale is readily available during the winter months, too), rotating the other food items through in succession. The key is variety, and to provide an assortment of varying nutrients. What you are trying to do is offer your reptiles crickets with guts 'loaded' with fresh foodstuffs. The crickets should be gut loaded for 2-3 days prior to offering them to your reptiles.Don't offer more crickets than the reptile(s) will consume within: 1.) a few hours if it’s a lizard, salamander, frog/toad, or 2.) a few minutes, if it’s a water turtle, so you know the crickets will still be full of the good stuff when eaten.For your Leo, a bowl of calcium powder should be provided in the tank, and 1-2 times weekly, you should dust the crickets with vitamins.A clean cage and water are vital. Sand/substrait of any kind should never be used with Leos. Heat is very important (do you have the correct cool/hot areas provided?).Has anything occurred recently to stress your animal (a new cat pawing the tank; you accidently dropped it; you/your mother babysat a noisy infant)?Below are some links you may find informative. Though some may provide contradictory information, most provide basic good advice. Dilemmas can be resolved by a visit to your vet.If the problem persists for longer than a day or two, if/and the lizard alters its normal routine in any way, or its feeding habits; I would strongly recommend taking it to a qualified reptile vet, if you don't already have an established relationship with one.I hope the lil darlin' recovers soon, and without further issue.I hope this has been of help.

• Your gecko most likely has parasites. You need get a few samples of his feces (freshest possible) and take it to a vet for a fecal. They will verify which parasite it has and give you the proper medication to get rid of them. You might want to contact a vet beforehand so they can tell you how they want you to preserve it. It cannot dry out, nor be soaking wet.