How do I stop my dog from chewing my plants?

I have to pots on my veranda, and regardless what I plant in there one of my dogs seems to pull it out and eat it!! Does anyone have any suggestions of what to plant that the dog would not be interested in. Or is there something I can add to the soil…

I have to pots on my veranda, and regardless what I plant in there one of my dogs seems to pull it out and eat it!! Does anyone have any suggestions of what to plant that the dog would not be interested in. Or is there something I can add to the soil…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I stop my dog from chewing my plants?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I stop my dog from chewing my plants?

How do I stop my dog from chewing my plants? General Dog Discussions
      I have to pots on my veranda, and regardless what I plant in there one of my dogs seems to pull it out and eat it!! Does anyone have any suggestions of what to plant that the dog would not be interested in. Or is there something I can add to the soil that would stop her from being attracted to the plants?

How do I stop my dog from chewing my plants? General Dog Discussions
    • They sell a spray called Bitter Apple and dogs do not like the taste..Spray it on what you don't want your dog chewing and he will leave it alone.Dogs hate the taste and it's harmless,you can find it at any pet store

• I have a yellow lab and the bitter apple did nothing to stop this problem. The vet told me to sprinkle black pepper on the topsoil of the pots and that might deter my dog fromm digging and eating/chewing my plants. Unfortunately, he chewed up the eight that I had and I never replaced them. I don't know if this works but you might give it a try.