How old does the owner have to be to sign stuff for his/her dog to get neutered?

I'm currently 16 years old and I want to know if I can go by myself to sign whatever that is needed for my dog to get neutered or would I need my parent? I'm asking this because my parents can be unavailable for quite a while and I really want to get him…

How old does the owner have to be to sign stuff for his/her dog to get neutered?

I'm currently 16 years old and I want to know if I can go by myself to sign whatever that is needed for my dog to get neutered or would I need my parent? I'm asking this because my parents can be unavailable for quite a while and I really want to get him…...
    General Dog Discussions : How old does the owner have to be to sign stuff for his/her dog to get neutered?...

• How old does the owner have to be to sign stuff for his/her dog to get neutered?

How old does the owner have to be to sign stuff for his/her dog to get neutered? General Dog Discussions
      I'm currently 16 years old and I want to know if I can go by myself to sign whatever that is needed for my dog to get neutered or would I need my parent? I'm asking this because my parents can be unavailable for quite a while and I really want to get him neutered.Also, do you need a dog license to get your dog neutered? Or do you need anything/show anything for your dog to get neutered?I've asked a bunch of questions a few minutes/hours ago, I just really want to be sure and I would ask the area myself but they're closed at the moment, so I can't ask them until tomorrow morning.

How old does the owner have to be to sign stuff for his/her dog to get neutered? General Dog Discussions
    • You have to be the age of majority (18 most places) to sign for surgery. I suggest you ask the vet to fax the form to your folks, then make the appointment when he receives their signature.You don't need to show anything to get him neutered. Some vets will want to know if he's had his shots.

• You cannot commit to incurring a bill at the veterinarian's until you are old enough to sign a contract without an adult co-signer; that's 18 in most of the US if not all.You don't need a license to get a dog neutered; the vet doesn't care. Getting the dog licensed will be less expensive if you neuter the dog.Ask your parents to contact the vet and provide a credit card; I'm sure the vet won't have a problem accommodating well-known customers.You should understand that neutering is not going to change his behavior much; it may make some behaviors, such as dog aggression and marking, less intense. But it won't stop anything. If behavior is why you want him neutered, re-think that and try an obedience class first.And I hope your parents made a plan for a guardian for you; in most places leaving you home unsupervised is neglect and can get them in a heap of trouble.