What are the average prices for a ligament surgery for a dog?

My boxer ended up tearing a few ligaments in her right hind leg, unfortunately the only orthopedic surgeons around here want to set a date before telling us the price. We need to know first so if anyone has ever had this happen to them before, can you…

My boxer ended up tearing a few ligaments in her right hind leg, unfortunately the only orthopedic surgeons around here want to set a date before telling us the price. We need to know first so if anyone has ever had this happen to them before, can you…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are the average prices for a ligament surgery for a dog?...

• What are the average prices for a ligament surgery for a dog?

What are the average prices for a ligament surgery for a dog? General Dog Discussions
      My boxer ended up tearing a few ligaments in her right hind leg, unfortunately the only orthopedic surgeons around here want to set a date before telling us the price. We need to know first so if anyone has ever had this happen to them before, can you please tell me on average how much it would run? Thank you

What are the average prices for a ligament surgery for a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • I presume you are talking about anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) rupture, and if you are then it is impossible to say as there are several methods that they use, and also all vets will vary.If you are not insured and you are willing to put in the time and effort to recuperate (about 9 months) then ask for the basic up and over method, and not TPLO or TTO.I would not have a TPLO anyway and go for the original methods in preference as I do not want plates inside my dogs knee. Lots of people are actually studying situations where no surgery is done and the dogs are still making pretty good recovery although with a slight limp. We have a dog in rescue who has had an old cruciate rupture that wasn't treated and she is doing ok.Wouldn't recommend that path though. In UK - the up and over would be about £1000, and the TPLO or TTO would be about £2500. Hope this helps.