How Much Money Would I Need To Buy Dog Supplies And Her Vaccinations?

I have a few questions.1.How much money will i need to buy bed,food and water bowls,leash,collar and all that?Including Vaccinations (I'm not getting her spayed until 6 months)2.What is the smartest big dog?And what is the smartest small dog thats easy…

I have a few questions.1.How much money will i need to buy bed,food and water bowls,leash,collar and all that?Including Vaccinations (I'm not getting her spayed until 6 months)2.What is the smartest big dog?And what is the smartest small dog thats easy…...
    General Dog Discussions : How Much Money Would I Need To Buy Dog Supplies And Her Vaccinations?...

• How Much Money Would I Need To Buy Dog Supplies And Her Vaccinations?

How Much Money Would I Need To Buy Dog Supplies And Her Vaccinations? General Dog Discussions
      I have a few questions.1.How much money will i need to buy bed,food and water bowls,leash,collar and all that?Including Vaccinations (I'm not getting her spayed until 6 months)2.What is the smartest big dog?And what is the smartest small dog thats easy to train?I'm getting this puppy when i get the correct supplies so no lectures please.I already have a Beagle i am just needing to know how much for the supplies and 1st vaccinations nothing else.

How Much Money Would I Need To Buy Dog Supplies And Her Vaccinations? General Dog Discussions
    • You'll need about 1k (1000$) for the first year. Smartest big dog is border collie (I have one), and smartest small dog? I'd say poodle, very easy to train.

• i agree with the 1000 for the first year. although i recommand the petsmart health insurance, it covers everything from shots to checkups and mine is 20 bucks a month. for a good dog you can never go wrong with a beagle. they are medium sized not as expensive and dont have many health problems. good luck

• Excluding the price of the puppy itself, I think I put out about $500 in initial expenses. I also had my puppy swallow an article of clothing and that cost me $1000 vet bill. (from what I understand, that was actually a good price, I have heard of people putting out lots of more for this.) Puppies do tend to eat things, along with other health related things that pop up, so have money reserved for emergencies.While possibly being debatable, here is a list of breeds based on intelligence. The link also explains how these results were obtained. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligence_of_Dogs

• I just got a puppy last week. I spent $250 on his bed, crate, play pen, food, collar, leash, carrying bag, blankets, pee pads... etc.I'm not sure where u live but here in ontario, first shots can be anywhere from $70-$100.. actually i mean 2nd shots.... your new puppy should have already gotten his/her first set of shots before you even get him/her. i'd say labs and retrievers are very smart.. particularly labs as they excel at being seeing eye dogs - they need to be smart for that!as for the small dog, not sure

• There are a hundred or more variables you need to take into consideration.You could buy a collar, leash and handful of toys for a small dog for $25 - $30. For a large dog - the cost could easily double or triple. A bed can run $10 - $30 for a small dog and $30 to $60 (or more) for a large dog. Walmart would be cheaper than a boutique. Food again depends on the quality of the brands you buy, where you buy it and the size of the dog. Purina dog chow is no where near the cost of Science Diet or Iams. Feeding a small dog is of course cheaper than feeding a large dog. My 2 large dogs eat 20 pounds of food a week. My small dogs eat maybe 6 or 7.Vaccinations and spaying depend on where you get them done. I use the discount vaccination/spay places. I generally spend $75 for the entire package. A regular vet can easily run you $150 - $200. Also - FYI - you can now have your dog spayed at 2 months old. Since vets will charge you more to fix a larger dog - you are better off to get her spayed while she is younger and smaller. I have all of my rescues done at 2 months and it is nice not having to deal with them going into heat.As for breeds - you should really do some research there, All dogs are different so finding one that is easy to train is not necessarily going to be determined by breed. Not to mention there may be other characteristics of that breed that may fit your lifestyle. For example - Jack Russel Terriers are great dogs - very smart BUT they need a LOT of attention and they are very very active. They could easily drive you crazy if you aren't prepared. I recently got a beagle puppy and I LOVE her to death but I spent several weeks researching breeds to find the breed that fit what I was looking for. If you take the time to find the right dog - you will be much happier in the end.