Dog is feeling quite ill and vet not available until tomorrow.?

My father's 7-8yo male dachshund woke up this morning feeling wobbly and a bit confused. The confusion seems to have gone away, but he's still fairly lethargic and does not want to walk. (He is able to stand.) He had not been vomiting, but refuses to eat…

My father's 7-8yo male dachshund woke up this morning feeling wobbly and a bit confused. The confusion seems to have gone away, but he's still fairly lethargic and does not want to walk. (He is able to stand.) He had not been vomiting, but refuses to eat…...
    General Dog Discussions : Dog is feeling quite ill and vet not available until tomorrow.?...

• Dog is feeling quite ill and vet not available until tomorrow.?

Dog is feeling quite ill and vet not available until tomorrow.? General Dog Discussions
      My father's 7-8yo male dachshund woke up this morning feeling wobbly and a bit confused. The confusion seems to have gone away, but he's still fairly lethargic and does not want to walk. (He is able to stand.) He had not been vomiting, but refuses to eat and has been forced to drink some electrolyte water. He peed earlier quite a bit, though dad had to set him in the yard then carry him back in. Current status is that he's resting VERY still. He recently had a pulled back and was on some anti-inflammatory medication, but it is since done. The vet won't be available until (hopefully) tomorrow. Any ideas or advice for my father?Emergency vet is pretty much not available. It's an extremely small town and my father is self employed, from a very small town, and will not accept any help on the vet bill from me.

Dog is feeling quite ill and vet not available until tomorrow.? General Dog Discussions
    • Tell your dad to take him to the emergency vet clinic. They NEVER close. This dog sounds as if he had had a stroke. This is serious and I would not wait until morning to get him some help.ADD: You said the vet wouldn't be available until tomorrow, and we're telling you that there is options. Even your dad's regular vet has an after hours emergency number - THEY ALL DO. So he can at least call his vet at his after hours emergency number and get the dog some help quickly. The dog's in a bad way. Now if you're looking for a diagnosis and treatment plan for the dog here for free - it just doesn't work like that. We're not vet and that's the only thing that will help the dog now. So my advice to your dad is to get the dog to the vet NOW (his own or emergency) and get him treated. Whether he accepts help with the bill from you or anyone, is beside the point.