How can i stop my dog licking?

How can i stop my dog licking its genitals? He is an inside dog, I know its only natural, but he gets a bit carried away and starts making lots of noise, its so disgusting! Oh and he wont stop licking my other dogs genitals, i can understand 1 lick, but…

How can i stop my dog licking its genitals? He is an inside dog, I know its only natural, but he gets a bit carried away and starts making lots of noise, its so disgusting! Oh and he wont stop licking my other dogs genitals, i can understand 1 lick, but…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can i stop my dog licking?...

• How can i stop my dog licking?

How can i stop my dog licking? General Dog Discussions
      How can i stop my dog licking its genitals? He is an inside dog, I know its only natural, but he gets a bit carried away and starts making lots of noise, its so disgusting! Oh and he wont stop licking my other dogs genitals, i can understand 1 lick, but he just doesnt stop! Like i have to physically stop him! Its disgusting. Any suggestions?

How can i stop my dog licking? General Dog Discussions
    • Maybe a muzzle would work but remember to take it off for him/her to eat. Also the vet uses a cone yjsy fastens around the dogs neck and gets bigger as it comes out past the dogs head. I think it would come out far enough to keep him/her from licking the other dog also.My best.Hope

• I don't have an answer to your question but i can relate to your problem. i have a dalmatian who is a bit neurotic and has to lick everything from herself, to furniture. it's very annoying!

• If you don't want your dog licking/chewing/biting something, try coating it with a flavor they won't like, my suggestion is hot sauce. In your case, it won't hurt either dogs, and the one doing the licking should discover that if they lick there, it doesn't taste good, which should make them stop.

• Hot sauce on household items yes...but on genitals, for obvious reasons no. What worked well for our dog which stopped her from chewing on the chair & table legs was a spray you can buy from pet stores called "bitter apple". It's really sour for them and trust me...they'll quickly learn tables & chairs don't taste so good. It's not supposed to harm wood surfaces either.As for the genital licking thing...maybe a quick run down to the vet to check for an unnoticed skin irritation going on there. If it's constantly licking and won't stop, this could be the problem. Another issue which it could be are it's anal glands are full and need to be emptied. We have to empty our dog's and this is one of her ways of letting us know they're full & bothering her. It could be psychological thing as well though.