How long does a female dog stay on heat?

Just a rough explaination on this would be great.My 7 month old Mini Foxy x Maltese is the first female dog that i have owned.And she is now coming on heat, i was just wondering how long most bit*ches stay on heat for?Top points for best explaination…

Just a rough explaination on this would be great.My 7 month old Mini Foxy x Maltese is the first female dog that i have owned.And she is now coming on heat, i was just wondering how long most bit*ches stay on heat for?Top points for best explaination…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long does a female dog stay on heat?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How long does a female dog stay on heat?

How long does a female dog stay on heat? General Dog Discussions
      Just a rough explaination on this would be great.My 7 month old Mini Foxy x Maltese is the first female dog that i have owned.And she is now coming on heat, i was just wondering how long most bit*ches stay on heat for?Top points for best explaination obviously...Thanks a bunch!No i am not going to get her spayed.I have an adequate place for her to be when she is on heat. She has plenty of room to run around and no other dogs can get in.

How long does a female dog stay on heat? General Dog Discussions
    • A female is in heat for 3 weeks! Keep her away from male dogs that are not Neutered. When you take her outside to go potty, go with her. Do not leave her alone outside while she is in heat. A male can smell a female in heat from miles away and will do anything it takes to get to the female, tie with her, and get her pregnant. It's best to keep her indoors, except when you are outside with her. If you also have and Un-Neutered Male living in the same house as you, then you need to put them in seperate rooms and keep them seperate, until she comes out of heat in 3 weeks. When she goes out of heat, please make an appointment with your vet and have her Spayed. You may also want to consider Neutering your male, if you have one.

• I answered a question like this a few days ago."You will need to keep them away from each other for three weeks.One week she will be going into heat with no signs of bloodOne week she will be bleeding continuouslyOne week she will be going out of heat, again, with no signs of bloodThe last week you need to make sure she is completely done, because that's when she is most fertile and can be bred. Total of 21 days for a healthy dog. It's the normal estimated time."