how much should surgery cost to drain a hemotoa on a small dog?

My dashund had a hemotoma on his right ear.I took him to my vet to have it removed. The vet charged over $1100.00 to do the surgery I just want to know if any one knows if this would be the going price.I think it is to much.I want to know before I…

My dashund had a hemotoma on his right ear.I took him to my vet to have it removed. The vet charged over $1100.00 to do the surgery I just want to know if any one knows if this would be the going price.I think it is to much.I want to know before I…...
    General Dog Discussions : how much should surgery cost to drain a hemotoa on a small dog?...

• how much should surgery cost to drain a hemotoa on a small dog?

how much should surgery cost to drain a hemotoa on a small dog? General Dog Discussions
      My dashund had a hemotoma on his right ear.I took him to my vet to have it removed. The vet charged over $1100.00 to do the surgery I just want to know if any one knows if this would be the going price.I think it is to much.I want to know before I contact my Vet to see if he is out of line.

how much should surgery cost to drain a hemotoa on a small dog? General Dog Discussions
    • in veterinary medicine you get what you pay for. around a thousand dollars sounds about right for this problem (which is not as simple as you may think) i imagine that the estimate included bloodwork? anesthesia? iv catheter/fluids? medications? you could very likely find a cheaper place (maybe even half that) if money is tight but there is more risk for your dog if you use a vet that doesnt use the safest techniques, which cost time and money