why does a Blue Healer Dog get so different riding in a car than other locations?

He is such a smart dog and so-o pleasant usually, but when he has gotten into my Car he becomes a vicious dog who wrecked one seat belt so I decided I cannot take him in my Car again!

why does a Blue Healer Dog get so different riding in a car than other locations?

He is such a smart dog and so-o pleasant usually, but when he has gotten into my Car he becomes a vicious dog who wrecked one seat belt so I decided I cannot take him in my Car again!...
    General Dog Discussions : why does a Blue Healer Dog get so different riding in a car than other locations?...

• why does a Blue Healer Dog get so different riding in a car than other locations?

why does a Blue Healer Dog get so different riding in a car than other locations? General Dog Discussions
      He is such a smart dog and so-o pleasant usually, but when he has gotten into my Car he becomes a vicious dog who wrecked one seat belt so I decided I cannot take him in my Car again!

why does a Blue Healer Dog get so different riding in a car than other locations? General Dog Discussions
    • He is probably just scared. Maybe he once had a bad experience in a car (not necessarily getting hurt- maybe he was just scared or got carsick).You probably have to take your dog in the car sometimes- to the vet, going to the park so you'd probably both become happier if you could make him tolerate the car.First of all it would probably help if you made him sit in a crate or dog carrier when in the car. This way he cannot destroy things or run around and get hurt. If he sleeps in a crate normally then he might feel safer this way.Perhaps you could start feeding your dog his breakfast or dinner in the car. Just start by opening the door and feeding him while you sit on the seat, then day by day make him sit in the car while you feed him. Don't make him do anything he doesn't want to do- don't force it if he is scared! Always reward him with food, toys, a walk or something fun after braving the car.Then maybe if he gets comfortable with that you could just sit in the car with it running, then (over a matter of weeks!) work up to driving around the block. Just a few nights a week drive a short distance and then make sure to have good rewards!