Will Kennel Cough for Dogs ware off, or is it Serious?

Could my dog die from it?He has been vaccinated.

Could my dog die from it?He has been vaccinated....
    General Dog Discussions : Will Kennel Cough for Dogs ware off, or is it Serious?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Will Kennel Cough for Dogs ware off, or is it Serious?

Will Kennel Cough for Dogs ware off, or is it Serious? General Dog Discussions
      Could my dog die from it?He has been vaccinated.

Will Kennel Cough for Dogs ware off, or is it Serious? General Dog Discussions
    • We experimented what it would be like if my dog went to a kennel so we left her there for only half a day, and when she came back, she had kennel cough. I can't remember if it went away by itself or not. But, it did ruin her bark permanently. So, it might be in your best interest to inform your dog's vet.

• my dog had kennel cough and the vet said it completely wears off in a month. it's like a virus in humans- it has to run its course. if your dog is generally health and you're doing your best to keep shots up to date, your dog will probably be fine. if you are all concerned, call your vet.

• It's serious for two reasons. One, it is HIGHLY contagious to other dogs. Two, as your dog tried to fight off the Kennel Cough, his immune system weakens, leaving him prone to other infections or the Kennel Cough developing into pneumonia. Get the dog to a vet for proper diagnosis and treatment. Dogs who have the bordatella shot get kennel cough all the time--the shot only protects against one of the many, many strains around., Most vets don't even recommend the vaccination because it's next to useless, but most training classes and boarding kennels still require it anyway.

• Your dog needs some anti-biotics and it will clear right up. If left untreated it can develop into pneumonia. Right now, the bordatella virus is morphing at a rate faster than researchers can come up with a vaccine (similar to the flu situation in humans) therefore only about 65-70% of the vaccines are working.