Should I keep my dog who has worms in the house?

We recently took in a stray dog. She seems to have bene house trained, the people we got her from had her for a week and had her in and out of the house. So we were keeping her otside because she had fleas. We took her in, had her treated for them and…

We recently took in a stray dog. She seems to have bene house trained, the people we got her from had her for a week and had her in and out of the house. So we were keeping her otside because she had fleas. We took her in, had her treated for them and…...
    General Dog Discussions : Should I keep my dog who has worms in the house?...

• Should I keep my dog who has worms in the house?

Should I keep my dog who has worms in the house? General Dog Discussions
      We recently took in a stray dog. She seems to have bene house trained, the people we got her from had her for a week and had her in and out of the house. So we were keeping her otside because she had fleas. We took her in, had her treated for them and got her shots. We waited 5 days and then we went and got her cleaned up. Within a half hour of her being in the house, she pooped on our rug and there was for sure 4 worms in her poop. Should we put her outside because of the worms...we have two toddlers....and I have no idea if we should give it another try inside or what...I don't want her pooping and having the worms get in the carpet through the night! What do I do??? Plus she is still a little damp from the wash and I dont want her to get pneumonia, it is cold outside....ughhhPlease..advice! Thanks!

Should I keep my dog who has worms in the house? General Dog Discussions
    • She is perfectly fine to stay in the house.The worms won't get in your carpet.You do need to go back to the vet and get a dewormer for her. I advise taking a stool sample with you so a fecal test can be done to see if there are any other types of worms present beside the ones you saw.

• By all means don't confuse the dog any more with the inside outside thing keep her in the house. Give your vet a call, when you took her in for shots, I'm sure he probably gave her a dewormer at the time. This could have caused her accident in the house the need to pass the dead worms. If your vet didn't worm her, then take her in to get it done, you should then return in about a week for a second dose. If you worry about the kids, keep the dog confined in one room so that if she has an accident you can clean it up using a bleach solution. Also make sure that everyone in the house washes their hands after handling her. Worms won't get in your carpet, unless she is really infested she won't pass live worms and the type of worms dogs get are internal parasites even if they are alive when they come out they can't survive outside the body. Good luck and congratulations on your new addition to the family.