How much would it cost to remove a fatty growth on my black lab?

My dog is 11 years old now and she's had a fatty growth on her left side that never seemed to bother her to much. However now it may be causing her to stiffen up in the neck and she can't move to quick sometimes, other times though she's actin like a…

My dog is 11 years old now and she's had a fatty growth on her left side that never seemed to bother her to much. However now it may be causing her to stiffen up in the neck and she can't move to quick sometimes, other times though she's actin like a…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How much would it cost to remove a fatty growth on my black lab?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much would it cost to remove a fatty growth on my black lab?

How much would it cost to remove a fatty growth on my black lab? Other Pet Discussions
      My dog is 11 years old now and she's had a fatty growth on her left side that never seemed to bother her to much. However now it may be causing her to stiffen up in the neck and she can't move to quick sometimes, other times though she's actin like a puppy. So if that is the culprit how much would it cost to get it removed?

How much would it cost to remove a fatty growth on my black lab? Other Pet Discussions
    • it all depends on the Vet that you would be bringing her to. But I think that most would recommend not removing it if it isn't malignant. At her age, the surgery alone would be risky, and there is a chance she may not wake up from the anesthesia.

• In most cases, those fatty growths are not anything to worry about and not typically the cause of any kind of pain. It could be, but not likely. Considering the age of your dog and that this type of thing is not life threatening, I doubt it would be worth the risk of anesthesia to have it removed.Best idea here is to consult your vet to see if there may be something you can't see yourself that is causing the problem.

• My guess based on googling this expression"fatty growth removal cost" doghttp://ask.metafilter.com/69199/Will-our-14-year-old-lab-survive-lipoma-removal-surgery$3- 5 K

• My dog is 11 also and just had surgery this summer to remove 6 growths...one was cancerous but the vet was able to cleanly remove all of it!! He did great through surgery and had to have a second surgery when he pulled some stitches out and he did great through it as well. Saying an 11 year old dog shouldn't have surgery is like saying a 77 year old man shouldn't have any kind of surgery - hogwash! My dog's surgery was about $500 which included all the pre-surgery workup (chest xray, blood work etc) and included the fee for the outside laboratory they sent all those tumors to for testing.