Why are my dogs itching when they get all the medicine that they needed every month?

Three weeks ago both of my dogs were bitten by snake while they were under the care of the sitter. Is it possible dry skin is the culprit or they got fleas from their dogs? My dogs get their regular grooming every month.

Why are my dogs itching when they get all the medicine that they needed every month?

Three weeks ago both of my dogs were bitten by snake while they were under the care of the sitter. Is it possible dry skin is the culprit or they got fleas from their dogs? My dogs get their regular grooming every month....
    Other Pet Discussions : Why are my dogs itching when they get all the medicine that they needed every month?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why are my dogs itching when they get all the medicine that they needed every month?

Why are my dogs itching when they get all the medicine that they needed every month? Other Pet Discussions
      Three weeks ago both of my dogs were bitten by snake while they were under the care of the sitter. Is it possible dry skin is the culprit or they got fleas from their dogs? My dogs get their regular grooming every month.

Why are my dogs itching when they get all the medicine that they needed every month? Other Pet Discussions
    • Hi, it could be a number of things; it is most likely dry skin build up, especially if the snake bites scabbed over, not all flea treatments kill fleas or their eggs, so it could be fleas too. They could also be having an allergic reaction to something they have been introduced. You can try combing your dogs to help break up dry skin if there is any and to stimulate the dogs hair follicles! Good luck!

• I don't think the snakebite has any connection to your dogs' itching. If you think it is caused by dry skin (I doubt it), get some Linatone or other source of linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid) to add to their food. Have you checked your dogs for fleas? You don't use Frontline, do you? It is no longer working at all well and the company is hoping to have a new formula out by the end of the year. Switch to Advantage or use something else, such as a 30 day flea dip or some Adams Flea and Tick spray with IGR (good for up to 3 months if done right). It is also possible that your dogs have allergies or some kind of skin disease/s that are making them itchy.Have your vet take a look.