Can you stop a dog from peeing when excited?

Hello! My dog is 10 months old and she pees every time she gets excited, like when someone comes over to visit. Sometimes she'll even do it when we pet her. Ive been told she'll grow out of it but I dont see it getting any better yet. Is there any…

Hello! My dog is 10 months old and she pees every time she gets excited, like when someone comes over to visit. Sometimes she'll even do it when we pet her. Ive been told she'll grow out of it but I dont see it getting any better yet. Is there any…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Can you stop a dog from peeing when excited?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can you stop a dog from peeing when excited?

Can you stop a dog from peeing when excited? Other Pet Discussions
      Hello! My dog is 10 months old and she pees every time she gets excited, like when someone comes over to visit. Sometimes she'll even do it when we pet her. Ive been told she'll grow out of it but I dont see it getting any better yet. Is there any way I can stop her form doing this?

Can you stop a dog from peeing when excited? Other Pet Discussions
    • Yes, you can! Rather than repeating all of what the very helpful article below on this EXACT topic says, I'll just link to it. Basically this is a behavioral (not housetraining) problem that will simply take positive reinforcement and distraction to fix. Good luck!

• I used to have a chesapeake bay retriever who did that, but she did grow out of it..kind of. Whenever my uncle (he's a physical therapist) came we had to be sure they met outside! Have hope your dog will grow out! Have you talked to a vet about it? Sometimes your dog can have overactive bladder or some sort of disease. But it's mainly a control issue. Hope this was helpful!