What is a safe way to give a cat a bath without getting clawed?

My sister has tried it the way she was told and gets clawed everytime.

My sister has tried it the way she was told and gets clawed everytime....
    Other Pet Discussions : What is a safe way to give a cat a bath without getting clawed?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is a safe way to give a cat a bath without getting clawed?

What is a safe way to give a cat a bath without getting clawed? Other Pet Discussions
      My sister has tried it the way she was told and gets clawed everytime.

What is a safe way to give a cat a bath without getting clawed? Other Pet Discussions
    • Cats clean themselves! They give themselves their oown baths! But if you feel your cat has an odor or something, use baby wipes to wipe her down! If you feel she has fleas or some condition, try a petco or pet smart (groomer)

• Put three drops of kitty shampoo in toilet, insert kitty, put down lid, sit on lid and flush. The cat will produce it's own churning action. Flush again for rinse, stand up quickly and lift seat. kitty will leap from the bowl sparkling clean and will run around thus air drying him/her self (just kidding) Unless your kitty mud wrestles he/she will clean themselves but if kitty needs a bath put a towel at the bottom of the tub to give kitty something to hold on to.

• you can buy a waterless shampoo from pet supply shopsgenerally speaking though, cats dont really NEED bathing - they are pretty clean.If you need to what I do is in the sink (kitchen) I put only about 3 inch of water, put the cat into that and use a cup to run the water over the cats back - or use your kitchen water hose thing and gently run the water over the cat that way - to put a cat in deeper water is really stressing out the cat.

• Hmm, never really had this problem with any of my cats - they just don't like it very much.I do know that they sell these little "things" that you can but over a cat's claws to prevent them from straching (ask at Petsmart / a pet store).Your vet might give you a tranquilizer pill to give to the cat before the bath (my cousins use one for giving their dog a bath).Some cats prefer difference methods of bathing -- my cats HATE getting a bath in the kitchen sink, but will tolerate one in the bathtub. My friend will wash her cat in the shower. (Using a hose is probally a REALLY BAD idea ;)It's a LOT easier having two people to wash the cats, - one to hold the cat and the other to wash the cats.Also, strongly consider a professional pet gloomer - they're experts for a reason. :)

• It really depends on the cat, if your cat is comfortable around water then a kitchen sink or bathtub is fine, but their are the runners this is when you let the profesionals deal with them ( the groomers ) ok well i have 3 cats, one is imposible to even have a bottle of water around. The second one is kida slow, lets just say that you can give her a bath and when your about to finsh she YELLS and SCREAMS. My third is a kitten and she has got in the habbit of joining me in the bathtub when im takeing a bath. So as i said before it really depends on the cat. ( if you deside to give ur cat a bath thick golvs come in handy)

• While cats do clean themselves, sometimes they are sloppy and can start stinking like their litter box. Cat baths don't really work well, my cat hates the water, however my boss's cat loves the water and will let him hold it while he is in the shower. My cat would rip me apart if i tried that. I have used a waterless foam which worked well, but is a bit messy and my cat gets pretty mad about being damp for so long. What I use now are Kitty Wipes (available at pet smart for like apprx $5). They are like baby wipes, but for your cat. They smell nice, and very easy to use. Her coat is very shiny and healthy & she doesn't have a problem with hairballs. Hope this helps you and your kitty!

• my cat takes care of herself quite well.i have had no reason to give her a bath,but then she stays inside.if you want to give a bath to a cat, and the cat doesnt like water, do the following:1-put her inside the bathtub/shower2-close as if you were going to have a shower3-open shower and point it at her4-she will try to avoid it but unfortunatly she will have nowhere to run5-once they get wet, they basicly give up the fight to "not get wet", so you can clean them up easily

• No. No. No.WHY do you want to do this??If they have fleas, see the vet. Keep them in the house, and they will keep themselves clean.I have four cats and this is A BAD IDEA.